View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
MINIz guy

Vehicles

The parts are very worn, and the car is off the road until I can get those replaced. It has been up on a lift and there is lots of play in the front suspension (control arms and tierods have play as bad as 1" L/R on one wheel), along with blown struts. The rear has a broken coil and the diff bushing is worn out. I figured I should do everything since most of it is bad, and I have only driven the car 50 miles since I've bought it. And since I plan to compete in STX, I don't want to just replace with stock parts and have to redo everything a few thousand miles down the road.

I plan on competing at a local level for STX. In terms of tires, I just planned to get Rivals or ZII's and call it a day there. What I really want to do first though is to get the car safe for the road, and the play in my suspension won't let that happen. That said, I see this as a summer-2014 project so I may not even be able to hit an autox before the tire-wear rules are revised and Rivals aren't allowed anymore.

So I know I'm jumping the gun a little with going straight into suspension work, but it is needed to have a drivable car. Now can you guys guide me on what type of rubber and brands to buy from?
MINIz guy is offline   Reply With Quote