View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
pred

Default My impressions of the DASC on a stock M44 engine

About 2 months ago I got the chance to install a NIB DASC kit into my 97, Active asp with 153K miles,
The install went OK, I had to replace the two plastic heater hose plastic bits that bolt to the block.
I did get a check engine code twice in the past week, BUT I have gotten them before for the front O2 sensor,
I just did a 315 mile highway drive using cruise control and I averaged 32 MPG with filling the tank before and after the drive....
Car is Peppy, I will say if I hang out between 4500 and 6500 the car really is quite spirited,
Car is bone stock, Stock exhaust, Tire size, ECT.
I will note that it is VERY quiet and if I didnt tell a passenger they would never know,
Aside from the whoosh and a small whistle as the bypass closes, You really have no idea that the super charger is there,
I will get a boost gauge on there in the next couple weeks just to see what is going on.
So aside from 12 hours installing the DASC I feel it was worth the effort and I expect to keep the car for a while and see if I can get a bit more power from it since its there now.
I now they dont make the kit any more,
SO this is a bit of a moot point,
If youre in the Phila area, Please feel free to PM me and Ide be happy to meet you somewhere close and go for a spin.
Peter
pred is offline   Reply With Quote