View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Hakentt-MS41.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn318ti View Post
What I want to know:
-Is the getrag trans in my 97 Ti the same as the one out of a 94 325i(that's where I think the m50 motor/trans came from)
-what will I have to do to the motor(out of auto car) for it to work with manual trans
-will the motor harness(out of auto car) plug into the chassis harness of my Ti(manual)
-I know ill need to get a dme from a manual 6cyl but ill find 1 in a scrap yard with matching ews and key chip
-ill use gauge cluster from one of the 328's and diff from the 328 with m50 swap
-also are accessories like pwr steering pump,AC compressor, alternator the same for m44 m50 and m52 motors
-I already did research and found out that the m50 vanos head will bolt on to the m52b28 block

Any and all help is appreciated If you know different please correct me
Answers:
Yes they are both Getrag 250 exacly the same tranny.
You would have to install pilot bearing and flywheel, obviously. Thats it.
Yes the auto harness will work, you will just have extra plugs sticking out, I believe you have to rewire reverse light switch.
Regardless if you get the full matching DME it still has to be flashed, you will have fuel tank pressure codes.
I don't know if 328 diff will fit a TI, suspention is totaly different.
TI has different PS pump and lines, and different AC comp and lines. M50 vs. M52 have different PS pump and pressure hose
Hakentt-MS41.1 is offline   Reply With Quote