View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:18 AM   #11
kiley_sean

Thanks, Kinka and ralli.

I uploaded some new pics in my DTM gallery (I got new wheels). The link is below in my sig.

Me, too!!! If you check over his 2 forsale threads, I made pleeds with him to keep it because I just knew that some punk would buy it and trash it out. I didn't have the money to buy it and was really sad.

***A little background*** I had driven down to Tiniks house in FLa. to pick up a getrag and some other drivline parts when I did a tranny swap for my 318is. That's when I saw his ti parked in the driveway. I was floored. It was the fuel for me to do an engine swap in my 318is months later (The project never happened as you will read later). I was so damned impressed with that car and fell in love with it that very day. That was almost 2 years ago.*******

Anyways, he had it up for sale for several months. Last Feb. I got I got deployed for 6 months for the war. I thought about that car alot and was sure that it would be sold by the time I got back to the states. Well, the first thing I did when I got home on the 20th of Aug. 03 to do was to get an update on his car. BEHOLD!!! It was not sold yet!!!

I said to myself right then and there that I would sell my 318is for cheap (even though I bought an M50 to swap into it), and free up the cash needed to buy it. One thing lead to another and the next thing I knew Gene towed the 330ti to my house with title in hand on the 28th of August. You wouldn't believe the feeling I had when I saw him pulling up with it on the dolly. I was like, "OMFG....nobody has ever rawked like I do right now!!!".

Long sotry short, Tinik is the man. He even gave me a CD compiling of the step-by-step processes the car went through.

I haven't heard from him in quite awhile now. I remember him buying a 7-series and saying that he had some "serious" plans for it!!! I think he has been working on it in secrecy, awaiting for the day it is finished, and then he is going to post some crazy thread blowing everyone's minds. He had a built-up civic hatch w/ an engine swap before the ti, so I know at the very least that he is going to be swapping in some crazy engine into the 7. I look forward to hearing from Gene again.

Anyways, that's my story.

Sorry if there is any typos or bad grammar. I suck at proof-reading. ;}

Kiley

P.S., Ralli,you had the black ti, right?
kiley_sean is offline   Reply With Quote