View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
blowin 4

Default Head gasket go boom .....

So friday i decided to go make videos with my new dash cam on the way home after making a few videos i jumped on the free way was going about 65 mph 4 gear punched it around 5000 rpm boom . 2 hrs later waiting for tow truck .Get home pulled the head piston 1 gasket ring cooper seal let go. as im removing the head bolt's i notice there coming off with little force. i figure its its because the gasket peace is missing i try the rear head its a little hard hummmm so i start checking the torque setting on all the bolts bar is braking at 40lbs on 1/2 piston and 50lbs 3/4 piston bolts ... wtf btw running 20 psi 14 degree time at wot with is not high at all .... mm say they torque the head to 22 lbs then 2 90 degree turns .... last time i did my old motor H.G that came out to give or take 80 lbs not 50 lbs ... the only thing i can come up with is someone forgot to add the last 90 degree final turn .... no big deal im just glad there's no serious damage to the motor !!!! i never really liked the thought that i spent 10 k on a motor that ran a stock head gasket time to order a cometic mls H.G yea i know mm says they had bad experience using them i ran one in my old set up in never blew a gasket !!!also need to get rid of my ebay wastegate be for that lets go and ends up blowing my motor ...ill post pix .

Last edited by blowin 4; 12-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
blowin 4 is offline   Reply With Quote