View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
harriman

Default What is my 318ti worth?

Hey guys. I need some advice. I'm putting my 1998 318ti on the market ;(. Very sad to see this car go. 204,xxx miles, 5 speed black on black. Car runs/drives great. No mechanical issues. I'm not sure what to ask for this car. I know that they are rare, especially for a 5 sp manual. The dealer claims that they get people asking for this car on a weekly basis.

Kbb.com has a value of $3274 to $2399 for my car. I've put in lots of work and it does not seem worth it to me to let her go for less then $3500 min.
What do you guys think a fair price would be?

Here is some brief information about the vehicle.
1998 BMW 318ti 5sp manual, black on black. 204,xxx miles. $4000.00 OBO

I'm looking for potential applicants to buy my 1998 318ti. This is a great vehicle and I'm very sad to see her go. It currently gets about 29.5 MPG on the freeway. I have owned it for about 4 yrs, and have done all the required maintenance. She has been babied and lives in my garage. I change the oil about every 5,000 miles, there are currently no leaks. I condition the leather every 30 days or so and wax the car every 8-12 weeks.
I say applicants because I'm looking for a special someone to love and care for this car. If you have plans on racing out this car, or otherwise don't bother to inquire. I won't sell it to you. I'm very attached to this vehicle, so I'm looking for the right person. Someone who knows what this car is and the value of the car. You must be a DIYer. This car is very easy to work on, and parts are relatively cheap.

It does have a salvaged title, it was hit in the front left quarter panel when only two weeks old. However there are NO mechanical damages, and the car looks great.

The car runs and drives great. I have recently replaced the following with OEM items:
Ignition Barrel / Lock ($800.00 at the dealer) Mass airflow sensor ($325.00) Both pre/post o2 sensor ($150.00) OEM Catalytic Converter ($850.00) Idle Control Vale ($35.00) Sparkplugs / wires ($150.00) Drive shaft bearing ($45.00) Guibo join replacement ($25.00) Blower motor resistor ($20.00) Both headlights (not bulbs but the bulb housing itself) ($100.00) Fuel filter ($15.00)
There is a wonderful resource on the internet called; 318ti.org. This website is full of 318ti enthusiasts, old BMW mechanics and gear heads. You can post or search the website to learn just about everything you need to know about the car. Need to change out the ___ go look on 318ti.org there is most likely a guide on how to replace it.

Serious buyers only. Please e-mail for more information. Pics to follow.
Thanks -h
harriman is offline   Reply With Quote