Thread: Got bent
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDIA PUSHER"
Last night i went down to say happy birthday to a friend, just stopped in for a minute before everyone else went off to bar. The guy i was parked behind, a friend of mine, backed into my car. Not too bad, hit the outside edge of the passenger side kidney. It isn't the most noticable and could be alot worse, but the whole center bumber piece is a little mangled, the hood hangs over a bit now and the bottom edge pops out in some places where it would usually flow behind the bumper. It almosts looks like it could be worked out by hand, no sharp creases. but damn. i just got new tires, brakes, plugs, belts... i was so happy with it. The guy gave me his card and said he'd pay for damages, somewhat reluctantly. It just wasn't a problem either of us wanted to deal with. At first glance you wouldn't really notice, but to me like everyone on this forum it stands out like a black eye. This raises a question, would you make a friend pay for damage to your car?
Yep, but just parts. Have him help you install the new parts, instead of paying for labor. Drink beers while you are doing it. Maybe it's time to redo the front end? New bumper (rieger?), shadow grills, euro elipsoid lights with an HID kit (go all out if you're going to be doing some work anyways!).

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote