View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
318ti_Portugal

Exclamation Help! Supersprint specific exhaust VS universal???

Hello...

How are you all doing?
I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust. I want a dual tip system for that M3 look, so stromung is out of the question. So, I'm thinking about supersprint. I saw this exhaust with dual tips I really like. It's the specific for the ti:

Specific dual tip muffler

It's ref#: 786606

I've contacted my retailler here in Portugal and the price is around 500 euros, including a discount. But to plug this exhaust, i need part#: 786543 wich is more 60 euros:

Mounting part required

That gives a total of 560 euros for the supersprint specific cat back system wich I could later upgrade with the headers + cat replacement:

Headers ref#:785701

Specific headers

cat replacement ref#: 784802

Cat replacement

The headers are 600 euros more ant the cat replacement around 250 wich gives a total of about 1400 euros for the full supersprint specific exhaust.

As an alternative, I also saw a universal silencer, ref# 413707

Universal silencer

This universal silencer is around 250 euros.
I could buy this, replace my rear muffler with this universal one and my middle ressonator with a straight pipe of the same diameter, thus making a "custom cat-back system" and spending around 350 euros in total.

Now, after all this explanation, here comes my questions and doubts:

What do you think of the "custom cat-back" idea?
Performance wise, would it be much different from the supersprint specific rear mufler upgrade?

With the whole super system specific system, with the 1400 euros value, what kind of HP/torque gains can I expect?

With the full supersprint system, plus a good intake and a good chip, could I hit the 170 horse power on the M42?

Should I just upgrade to the supersprint universal rear silencer and save my money for a future M50 swap? Or should I keep my M42 and do the mods with the best material?

I really hope you can help me out here, as I really don't know what to do, and expecially, what kind of gains to expect from these mods.

Thanks in advance guys!

regards from Portugal!
MODS: Staggered M Kontours; Mtec Side Trim with M3 badges; Mtec Steering wheel with Airbag; M3 Modified Shift Lever; M3 Leather Shift Knob, Leather Centre Arm Rest; Euro Clear turn signals; M3 Electric and Heated Side Mirrors; Cat replaced by straight pipe; Mtec Rear Bumper; E36 M3 Front Brakes with EBC Drilled and Slotted Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Pads; Vader Seats. More to come!

My Picture Gallery:
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgal...r=1407&cat=500
318ti_Portugal is offline   Reply With Quote