View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #1

Smile 318ti to 318tds swap

Hello all,

First post here, I have read thru the swap threads and google and I found no info relating to dropping in a M41 diesel engine to a ti.

First some background, I just moved to Guam and really need to acquire some wheels here. The speed limit here is 35 mph for the majority of the island though traffic moves a little faster. Gas is 5 bucks regular, 5.27 for premium, 5.25 for diesel. Shipping a car from LA to Guam is 2875 dollars.

New cars are too expensive here and used cars are pricey too. Cheaper cars are pretty worn out. The roads and parking are designed with smaller cars in mind. The company truck I drive now (F150) is shared and a beast to drive here. I have always desired a ti but never got around to it.

Looking around on craigslist, I see many good cars with bad engines for up to 1500 dollars. M41 engines in the EU are up to 1000 euros. I am very tall so a California roof model is what I desire.

Based on all this info I am going to do this. I just want to know what I am up against.

Sorry for a long first post and forgive me if this has been covered (I searched).

Thanks for any help.
248 is offline   Reply With Quote