View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #663
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2TI View Post
coojess76, I thought your car was complete and one of the nicest engines I've seen. Whats missing from your swap?
I'm getting dicked around by a plating company down in Bell Gardens. I dropped off two sets of style 5 wheel bolts(272 bolts) three weeks before Thanksgiving in hopes to have them nickel then gold plated. My car is currently on jackstands in my garage because both sets of wheels are disassembled for refinishing. The bolts were supposed to be done a week before Thanksgiving, then they said after Thanksgiving, then they said their was still clearcoat on them(which is BS because I stripped them with paint stripper, then vinegar, then hand polished each individual bolt with steel wool on my milling machine). So now they're saying they've stripped and repolished them and it's going to cost more than the original $250 quote they gave me when I dropped them off. I talked to the lady yesterday and she said they'll be done Monday at the latest. I made a mistake by telling them that I'm not in a rush, I'd rather they take their time to do it right and to have them done by the date promised so I don't have to call them every week asking wtf. I'm so pissed because this is exactly what I went through when I had the wheels powder coated. Seems like the whole world is full of liars and broken promises. To top it off, I have to get two of my black style 5 barrels stripped and re-powder coated because the shop did a crappy job and the powder coat bubbled around the bolt holes. Needless to say, I have to find another powder coating shop because I'm not taking my wheels back to those idiots. As for the plating shop, I had to drive about 2 hours down to Bell Gardens because apparently plating is illegal here in Ventura due to emissions. So I'm looking at 300-350 for my bolts to be gold plated, 150-200 for my barrels to be re-powder coated, 280 for two sets of red BBS caps(ridiculous), and probably another 150 to have the tires mounted and balanced, not to mention all the time, gas and hassles. Sorry for the rant. Long story short, my car is in the air and I need wheels and tires to put it on the ground so I can drop the motor in.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote