View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
jonnyweston

Default What colour of white is my UK spec 97 BMW compact?

So hey guys heres the thing I have come across.

We have a 97 White BMW compact - as far as I can tell from the paint code (300) its supposed to be Alpinweiss Alpine White Standard White 51 91 1 052 274. (http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk/forum/...p?topic=3795.0)

I was removing some rust from the front arches and went to get some paint for the car - bought the paint, brought it back, started spraying it on the arches - and holy crap the paint was more yellow than white - like a really off white, more like cream.

So I thought it was maybe just a bad tin, then brought it back to the dealer who double checked the paint code on the car, and they gave me a new tin from a different brand of paint. Brought it home and the same thing again.

My car is a very bright white, as opposed to crappy creamy white.
Has anyone else experienced similar?

As it turns out now - because I love the car so much I am just going to buy a pair of wings, have them painted up and fitted - both arches are slightly rusted inside, and I'd rather treat the car. Next year its getting turned into a track car so I want it totally tidy. Heck I'd fit a CM3C kit to it if I could afford it all - but I can't LOL!!

I Just need to be sure that if I am going to leave the front wings into a guy to be painted up (whilst the car is with me - away from the workshop - that the dude's going to be painting them the same colour) - and then he can fit the wings when I bring the car down on the saturday.

Ideas guys?
jonnyweston is offline   Reply With Quote