View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
React

Yesterday I made a mess of the car so I went to wash the car and clean out the interior. Spent 30min taking stuff out of the car and using leather cleaner on the seats and spot out on the carpet. Went to use one of the vacuums and damn thing didn't work, tried the other one and it was the same thing. What a waste of time. Took the car back home and waited 1hour for everything to cool down. Came back out and the temp gauge was still close to the middle. Was a hot day though, 95-100deg. Anyways, I needed a new flashlight so bought one of the LED lights @ o'reillys. Noticed outside that I was getting a leak. So I drove it home to jack the car up to crawl underneath to see if I could spot the leak.

There wasn't a leak when I got back home. Seems that it only leaks when the car is topped off? Maybe it's a small hose barely on or a small crack in one of those y head connectors(coolant pressure = leak/drip from small crack?). Out of 1 hour of driving the temp stayed in the middle, didn't over heat once. Seems like my theory might be correct, that the radiator hose wasn't on all that well and it just popped off. The pop off caused a connector to split I guess from the rapid increase in heat. Not sure anymore.

Anyways I'm going to wait till tonight and top it off again and drive it for a while, bring it back home then jack up the car to see if I can spot it. From the looks of the engine, it seems since it's behind the head that I wouldn't need to take off the intake manifold? Maybe just the cowl thing and that long harness, battery box, and random etc stuff. If all else fells and I can't find it, will have to take it to the shop.
React is offline   Reply With Quote