View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #14
32styledTI

Default wow what a long thread

That was lots of reading, tho i learned a lot about re covering a headliner It was dragged out. It was a certain few that really made the whole read worth while! It was nice to hear lots of input and i take it this is a very comman problem that bmw overlooked when making the car!

I thought I may have been one of the lucky ones that had certains in my car but no not at all its not a M option, its just shotty bmw design or poor previous owner care! None the less im going to have to take the time and get it fixed up nice an proper and why not make it with the meterial that I want an not some crusty ugly dirty light grey meterial thats proned to getting dirty on every touch...

Im going with black suade meteral if i can find it at the local fabric land ( a fabric retailer in ontario canada.)

I just hope the 4 seasons in canada do not screw me over and force me to to it again next year - Ive been researching the different glues and it seems the one of choice is 3m 80 sprey adhesive. Alright then..

good info In the thread I just didnt see anyone mention how much fabric to buy to get the job done... It is also kinda confusing how to remove the sunroof cover (part with the meterial on it) The thread kinda scares ya away from wanting to take the sunroof apart its not too reassuring

tho im not going to do 80% of the job and leave a dirty sunroof cover thats just stupid. So off to the fabric store I go.. Ill just get my trusty tape measure out and make some measurements or take another 3 hours and read this thread.. Thanks everyone for the good nights read.
cheers. ill post pics when I get mine back together.
32styledTI is offline   Reply With Quote