View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #199
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Yeah, a lot of people just straighten the regulator arms and pop the balls back into the sliders thinking they've fixed the problem.

The vertical guides are shaped like a bow. They have the same contour as the window glass itself. I wouldn't say that they get bent, more so that they get tweaked or twisted when the window initially pops out and goes off track.

Even when they're tweaked, you can usually still get the window to sit in them and operate normally. But after a while, usually when you slam the door with the window down, there's a little bit of play from the guides being tweaked that will allow the window glass rattle/wobble it's way back out of the guide.

I've worked on other people's windows before and sometimes the guides need very little if any tweaking. The easiest way to check it is by lowering the window and slamming the door a few times. I wouldn't slam it too hard at first, you don't want the glass to break, lol. But gradually increase your force until you feel comfortable. After you've slammed the door a few times, you can reach in there and feel if the window is still sitting in the bow shaped guides.

Check both the forward and aft guides. Note if the window is coming out of the guide on the inboard(towards the interior) or outboard(towards the exterior) side of the guides. Once you find out which way it's likely to come off track, then you can go about twisting that particular guide back into position.

It's kinda tricky and space is very limited. After you make your adjustments, raise and lower the window, then slam the door a couple more times with the window down and recheck to see if it's still coming out of the guide. Best of luck man, if you run into any snags lmk.

Last edited by cooljess76; 01-19-2011 at 11:24 PM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote