View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #67
Shellback

Good morning,
Well, the questions continue as I slowly prepare for the big day.

Questions:
1) I read the engine will be almost vertical (using engine leveler on engine joist) while installing the engine/tranny as a one piece unit into the compact. Will this unusual angle be of any harm to the engine? I understand the engine will only be in the configuration momentarily as it is slowly inserted into the compact, but was curious if this will hurt the engine. BTW, all fluids have been drained.

2) Since I’m using the S52 and my M3 transmission, do I also use the shifter/linkage? I believe the manual mentions the shifter/linkage had to be cut down.

3) Since my donor car is a E36 M3 5 speed sedan, I’m not going to have much of a problem as J!m ran into when he used MZ3 as a donor, correct. I read somewhere else the sedan parts are compatible/direct fit into the compact.

4) I’m a bit hung up on the instructions (I believe page 17 on the manual) on removing/deleting the traction control. My M3 has ASC. Does this mean I will not be installing the ASC into the compact? I’m still confused on this part of the installation. This also goes back to the original question I asked about the compact having 2 “pin” plugs and my S52 engine having 3 “pin” plugs, in which I was informed the 3rd plug on the S52 is for the ASC system.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and patience when. I’ve never started a project like this and I’m really excited and anxious to see how it will turn out.
Thanks again.
Shellback is offline   Reply With Quote