View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #63
DaveKern

So no picture updates on the car since I haven't seen it in a week or so, but my buddy estimates that he'll have the seam welding will be done within a week. I'll try to get some pics when its done.

In other news, I'm trying to sort out some other things in my head, so I figured I'd see what you're guys thoughts are.

After a bunch of searching, it appears the Delage Sport kit is waaay out of my price range. I just can't see spending $4k for something that's going to be thrown around in the woods. I found another kit that's very similar, but it looks like the rear arches are just a bit narrower:

http://www.hh-ms.com/database/index....&SelModelID=23

The narrower rear arches could be an ok thing as I already have wheels meant for a stock body. I could fit spacers on the rear to bring them out a bit, and on the front, extra width can translate into extra room for steering angle.

I was also told that the complete kit (hood, hatch, front bumper, rear bumper, front fenders, rear arches) weighs in at a 60-61 lbs. The best part is that this kit comes in at less than half the price of the Delage kit.

Dave
DaveKern is offline   Reply With Quote