Thread: RT 328ti turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 AM   #10
RAiMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
nice, is it a custom set-up? doesn't look like any other superchargers I've seen
Yes, it's a custom setup. It's how we were able to pull out the numbers that we did. The car ran 19PSI, decompressed forged pistons, with M3 solid lifters and a number of other things.

The new turbo going on the 2.8L M52 will be another custom setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguzzardo22 View Post
what are you going to do with your old setup ?

sell it mabey ??? im intrested !!
I'm flattered but we've already got plans for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
you must have one helluva budget for this if your planning 2-3 weeks to swap and turbo... lol

whats your plans for fuel mgmt/software? clutch? differential?
Yes, it won't be cheap. We could buy 3 x E36 318i, but where's the fun in that?

We're planning to use the old stand alone custom delco ecu which is fully programable. We just need to swap over the module in the ECU from a 4 cyl setup to a 6 cyl setup which we've already got. It's going to be running larger injectors, stock fuel pump should be fine, it's the same fuel pump used across the entire 3 series including the euro M3s.

The clutch is already uprated from the old setup, but I'll probably have to be more gentle in the new setup. If it goes, we'll look up uprating it then. The differential is already the larger housing with LSD from a 2.8L Z3 - the same as the M Coupe but without the cooling fins on the rear housing.

Aim is to try not to go too crazy with the number where it will start to break other things around it. Gearbox is my only concern with the new setup. It starts to strip gears from memory around 240rwkw/330rwhp. It'll be fine as long as we stay below it.
BMW E39 528i Touring
Performance at its best

Last edited by RAiMA; 10-20-2009 at 04:33 AM.
RAiMA is offline   Reply With Quote