View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Sorry got to come to my house. There are special tools needed that I made. Need a TIG argon reverse for Stainless and Aluminm welds, need a cheap Mig100 flux-core. I have wife and two sons that I spend 3-4 hours with them each day explaining how these motors work and playing games getting them involved with the projects even it is just getting sprayed down with a hose when I clean the driveway. I just can't walk away for a week. Sorry, John S
I'm in the same boat. Got the money, got the car, just can't walk away from the family for a week. If you wanted to take more time to do it, and do it on weekends, or split across a couple of weeks, i could easily make the drive over there multiple times, and leave the car. DASC hasn't been an option for me as I would want/need the extra cooling that an intercooler gets you.

How difficult is it to do an OBDI to OBDII ECU swap? Did metric have to change any housings for things like the crank or cam sensor? That is really all that's different right? I would love to have an OBDII ECU in my car so that I could actually tune it for the way the car is set up. I'm sure I could get more power up top now that it has no catalytic converter.. I've not done cams or anything like that because there is nobody to properly tune the ECU that I have.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote