View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
performanceisland

In fact I have already joined, anyway, the car is in the Chicagoland area now having some work done, the car was no where near perfect or even very good condition, the engine and transmission ran great, the m3 brakes worked very good, clutch is very good, the body and interior had most of the issues, here is what i found:

1. Glove box has plastic tab broken so it doesnt stay in place.
2. Both A pillars were removed to redo the interior roof carpeting and whoever took them off broke all tabs so they dont stay in place.
3. Rear bumper had significant sun damage, to the point the clear coat was non existant.
4. Rear windshiled wiper does not squirt fluid.
5. There is a leak in the windshield wiper lines.
6. All wipers are shot.
7. The front headlights are really foggy on the inside.
8. Body had several scratches and scuffs.
9. Ignition problem, wouldn't start car.
10. Had a few sqeaking and rattling noises form other broken tabs on the interior, such as the plastic rope for the back deck over the hatch area.
11. Some speakers either don't work at all or are blown.
12. Not only did the car need an alignment as advertised but there was also a bad steering column coupling that made the steering wheel really sloppy.
13. Was missing some interior plastic pieces such as the covers to cover the seat belt bolts.
14. A few other things as i am not finished checking everything as i am fixing and replacing things in the process.

On another note the guy that sold the car (Andy) was very nice and knowledgable about the car, I wasn't expecting to get a 12 year old car in perfect condition and sale is as is as shown, i don't hold anything against him, he could have pointed out a few other things but i guess he probably didn't even know since he didn't really drive it much, and had it for a short time. Thanks to Andy and his wife for picking us up to meet up with them, after those damn cabbies took me and my buddy that i came with for a ride!. The car drove nicely from Florida to Illonois with no problems whatsoever other then what i listed above. And believe me it was very hard to keep my foot off of the gas pedal. Got pulled over in Florida right off the bat, but the trooper let me go.