View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Severian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikdee View Post
I've replaced lock mechanisms on two Tees. On both, the interior hatch trim has to quarter sized plastic fasteners on the leading edge. These remove by pushing inward on the tiny center release pin. Trying to pull them out otherwise will wreck them, ask me how I know. Once the external fasteners are removed, the panel is secured by a series of large plastic cone-like fasteners that snap out of their contact points. They can be stiff to pull out.

_Rick
Hey Rick, thanks for this post. I just ordered the Trunk Catch below from ECS Tuning because my trunk catch died over the weekend. I removed the pins on the leading edge of the interior panel just like you mentioned (I also didn't know how to properly remove them...oops), and I removed two screws. I cannot for the life of me remove this panel. I feel like I'm forcing it and it will snap at any moment. All I'm able to do is bend the upper corners outwards away from the hatch lid and I can get a peek at what are probably the plastic fasteners that you mention, but how do I detach the panel from these fasteners?? I plan to replace the trunk catch on my own once the part arrives but I hit this road block.

Thanks in advance and very frustratedly yours,

Sev

Part# 51248201784
Severian is offline   Reply With Quote