View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamud View Post
I say check the oil filter housing to. Grab a flash light and shine it down by the housing (from the top, no need to jack the car up). If there is a pool of oil on top of the motor it is the filter housing.

+1 I have the same problem you have. My oil filter housing gasket needs to be replaced. It is a common problem. I also have hanging drips of oil from oil pan, trans, and other parts. That is just from where the oil has been leaking from the housing and when you drive the wind blows it onto the oil pan, trans, and anything else that gets in the way. So instead of just swapping motors, just order the cheap gasket, i think it is under 20 bucks, and replace it. May take some time but it will be worth it, cheap and will fix the problem. But I say since it is leaking do like I do and check your oil often. Running low is never good since it can lead to the break down of other gaskets and cost you more time and money. I have to put oil in mine not to often but I make sure it is between the lines, like in the middle. And driving fast won't hurt it but driving fast while low on oil will not be good.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote