View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #13
hotmilk400

hey now, i never said i wanted to get it inspected and sell it.. i will just let it die, then part out what i know is okay (rims, wheels, interior, ect) i need to cheat the system because i have to get it inspected within 2 weeks, and it might be hard to find a cat on short notice.. since new or refurbished isnt an option, i need it to pass so i can have time to get the cat used from some one before my cat dies completely and my top speed is like 20 MPH .. haha.. but seriously, i have been looking for a cat now for awhile among other ti owners in this area. before i thought it was just the O2 sensors that is why i pasted up the cheap cat on this site. if i can get a used cat, i will take it in a heart beat. sorry if i sounded like i just didnt care and wanted to push my car on someone else or something.. i know my car has about 200 problems, but i would never sell it , atleast without listing every problem.
when i tell people i bought it fr $1500, they tell me they would have bought it and its cheap, then i tell them the list of problems it came with.. then they are like.. ummm welll.. ill pass.. haha.. the only reason i would sell my car is to get it off my hands, but i would let it go so cheap that even if u came over from cali to get it, and drive it back, u could part it out and make money.. hha. also the door is dented, and the bumper is messed up, so no one would want it even if everything else was fine..

but seriously.. sorry if i came off as made.. u gotta understand that the last 8 months, i have put about $1500 into this car which is alot since im going to college full time, and only have a crappy part time job.. and even with all that money invested ,i cant keep up with the high price of the maintance.. so getting a sticker to pass inspection will save me the $1800 for a new cat.. let alone the clutch that wont last much longer, and new tires, and new whatever else that breaks by then.. haha..

so dude.. if you can find me a cheap cat, u are better then me. cheap cat would be like 0 - $500.. i think i saw one on a website really cheap once, but i think they jacked up the price to like $800 again =/

haha.. i just need the cat to last me till 200,000 miles, since i really doubt this car will be worth me fixing up after then..

*also, i wanted a sticker now because even $100 is hard for me.. i am going on vacation like mid December (hence the 2 weeks limit) and if i have to spend $250 on a cat + inspection + installation of the cat. .. i will be like .. way to broke to even go on vacation.. =/

like i said.. i would never sell the car after i got it inspected, i just need time to find a cat.
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote