View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #130
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrty byl View Post
As far as the poll is concerned: I don't care for systems that define political decision as a choice between exactly two party puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
As a US citizen, Since all the europe loved him_ barrak obama maybe the muslim should run for president in France.

I love how people actually believe that Obama is muslim. Can people be any more ignorant? He is not, nor ever has been muslim. And furthermore, it's about time that we get somebody back in the white house that understands the need for global cooperation and the need to actually care what our global allies think of our country, so that we can all unite against the threats that we collectively face in the 21st century. Thank you, George Bush, for destroying our once great country...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
I just couldnt believe that any school system should be talking about any sex with grade school kids but even to the extent of showing how to put a rubber on a banana and showing how guy to guy do it. Thanks I guess I moved out on 200 ac. in a country school for a reason and this is what our Ohio schools do. I will get off this subject. Get out and VOTE.

Did it ever occur that maybe the sex education that a 4th grader gets is vastly different that what a high schooler gets? How about teaching 4th graders what is inappropriate touching so that they might be able to discern when Uncle Billy Bob is showing affection and when he is crossing the line? Would you want your 8 or 9 or 10 year old son or daughter to know that difference, or would you rather they (God forbid) have such an experience, then enter adolescence sexually/emotionally confused and go on to become a sexually/emotionally maladjusted adult?

Why we make such a big deal about sex in this country is beyond me. Sex is a normal, natural part of human nature. I'm not saying that we should teach 4th graders about intercourse and sexual perversions, but I do think that if we remove some of the societal taboos about sex, people will be much more open and honest about it and maybe we will begin to move on from our outmoded, 19th century way of thinking towards this subject.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote