View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
gambit

Default component or stock?

Let me get this straight - the ti comes with stock component speakers. I want to replace these to run off my Pioneer HU but I DO NOT want to run an amp. I'm looking for a good sound system with punchy bass but nothing overly loud like subwoofer - basically a sound quality better than the stock without doing too much modification. So I replaced one of the kick woofers (stock) with some cheap alternatives as a test to get the best sound - I have now tried four different types (two 2-ways and two component woofers) all from budget sets ranging from $40 - $100. What is clear is the 2-ways sound terrible so they're out of the question BUT more surprsing is that when I tried the component woofers in the kick they did not even come close to the stock (one was even a polk audio)! I got worried. Is something wrong here? i.e. do I need an amp to get new component speakers to work - why so if the stock ones are working fine? I read somewhere that I should buy low power components instead like the stock woofer (it's 25w) to get more response. It's very wierd as I simply changed the balance from left to right and the stock speaker won hands down evrytime. Do I need to spend more? I have decided to get some Alpine Type Rs (components) but need to know if these will sound better than the stock speakers. Also I don't want to run an amp so will I be limiting their sound by running off my pioneer HU? Please give advice as I don't want to lose any money buy purchasing these unneccesarily. thanks in advance to all
gambit is offline   Reply With Quote