Thread: Project 319ti
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 AM   #14
jonchino

Do it with the tranny(if you have a good engine crane), I did it yestaday. THIS IS WHAT I DID put the front of the car on jack stands(High as they could go) I took off the whole intake first and wires. Mark all wires with tape took off the plug wires and coil. Off came the alernator , so I could take off the steering pump. I didnt want to disconnect it! Disconnect the A/C radiator comes out with hoses. there is a ground next to the engine mount on passenger side. took nuts off engine mounts. Tough part might be for you is the exhaust, I would heat it up with a tourch. I think those nuts are 13mm? going to need a wobble extention.. tranny crossmember(support it with a jack) heat shield covering drive shaft, flexdisc bolts. 18mm i think not sure. Loosened the slip yoke. the driveshaft didnt come out not untill i pulled the engine up a little. 2 clips holding the shifter... unclipped reverse lights switch.. clutch slave.. ?? I think thats it!

and the new
jonchino is offline   Reply With Quote