View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
zboot

A buddy of mine has the vm9412 in his passat. An earlier version sans bluetooth, pip, and maybe a couple other things. Myself and some of the guys watched 300 on it. The playback was pretty good. Since he doesn't have the gps, I'm not sure how great the jensen unit will be. Music playback is also ok on the unit via ipod. I don't think I've ever been in his car when he had a cd or dvd playing music. I assume it's up to the same quality.

I've looked at that mio. . .man is it tempting. The reason I'm leaning towards the jensen unit is that I'd have one interface for all the media in my car and I wouldn't need to have wires connecting phone and laptop to the audio. In fact, I'd be able to stream audio over bluetooth if I did decide to play from my laptop. Another thing is that while the laptop touch screen makes using GPS on the go a little easier, when something happens and I need to reroute or put in a new address on the fly, that gets hairy if I can't immediately pull over to do it.

There are a couple other units out there that are cheaper (or you can get the combo of gps + dvd reciever cheaper) but the navigation is dvd based. So, I couldn't have the navigation and dvd player running at the same time. Also, I want bluetooth functionality :-).

Right now I'm in the seek best price stage. I'm hoping I can get the units for about $675 shipped.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote