View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:10 AM   #3
motorsport

first: your car fading to the right, you need to have your slides greased

second: brake fading: your discs may be getting close to spec resulting high temps, so get your discs measured ("mic'ed")

third: braking distance can be effected by glazed rotors and discs, basically the friction surfaces get nice and glossy after being rubbed together thousands of times. if your pads still have 'meat' on them they may just need to be sanded to remove the glossy finish, the rotors can be machined if they are not too thin.

as for s/s lines, im not very experienced on how that can effect your braking performance.

pads i would recommend PBR ceramic pads in the front at least the superior are a step down and are fine for the rear since 70%-90% of braking is done by the front

larger brake cylinder i suppose you mean caliper, dual piston calipers or just calipers with larger pistons can improve braking response. i know the rear calipers on 318 models have a diameter of about 1.5'' max.

better grade brake fluid does react different to heat basically the system is DOT 3, DOT 4 DOT 5, DOT 5 being the highest grade, but i dont know if it compatible with all cars.

calipers dont really have gaskets, they do have a few seals inside including the dust boot that is visible, but unless you have a leaky caliper they should not need replaced.

not sure about replacing your brakes with M3 brakes, but i'm sure with the braking performance that would incur might be worth any inconvenience.
Good Luck!
motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote