View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
M3_KILL3R

i have 2 questions...is your car a m44 or m42? now that you cut a new whole i assume what did you do to cover up the other hole? it seems like theres 2 holes now by looking at the forth pic. I doubt this will do that much to increase airflow. the only advantage of the fogging technique is to have a cold air feed. I did the traditional fogging approach and i love it but i thought of another idea. How about getting a 6 inch tube going from the intake and hooking a mushroom filter at the end flush to the same spot as the snorkel. Then make a heatshield that protects the filter from the radiator heat and MAYBE if wanted do the same approach but with a cone filter and take a flexible intake tube that connects to the filter and lead that to the ground too. So you'll have cold air from the bottom and from the front of the grill. The protection from the heat of the radiator and with the roar of the short ram.

But still i like your set up it seems like you'll have more air being "forced" into the airbox which will make for less restrictions and the thicker material probably insulates the air more