View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
pdxmotorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Any suggestions? We are looking to replace the Acura TL with something AWD, 6 cylinder and enough room to haul 4 adults around in. The 330xi and x3 were the first to come to mind. The x3 has the kind of ground clearance that makes it a perfect choice for someone relocating to Colorado soon.
An outback or a forester have more ground clearance than the X3 and cost less.... The forester is a way better people hauler, has more power too if you buy the big motor...

BTW Colorado "gets" snow, they don't get feet of it very often and when they do they plow the roads.... Don't over think this unless your planning on buying out in the boonies youll be fine In all the years I've driven through there (Have Family in Nebraska near Scotts Bluff) I've never seen snow that any AWD car wouldn't handle. They usually have the fluffy powder not the concrete like folk from the NE or NW are used to.... You drive through it not on it... My old rig was a late 70's Ford LTD RWD and the weather never stopped me in Colorado...

Good Luck!

Dave'
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote