View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #12
mohaughn

Koni double adjustable shocks revalved by TcKline to handle up to 700 pound springs front and rear. They are set 1/4 turn from full hard in the rear(rebound), set to 50% up front(rebound). 8 clicks from full for compression on the front and 5 clicks full from compression on the rear. 550# up front and 500# in the rear. 28MM H&R bar up front with GC M3 style endlinks set to full soft. My car is very flat through the corners and hooks up well when you get on the gas. I had a little bit of oversteer on corner entry when I had my sway bar set to full hard. Once I realized I had it set to full hard and moved it to the inner mounting point the car went very neutral.

I didn't even think the bilstein sports could handle a 500# spring. So you may not have enough rear dampening for that spring.

Those H&R sport springs up front may also be part of your issue, they are only something like 230# springs. From the pictures it looks like your front leans a lot worse than the rear. Also, how old are the shocks? Could they need to be rebuilt/revalved? I have about 3 autocrosses and 5 track days on the current setup.

I know my spring rates don't make sense when you look at what most people do over at BfC on the E36's but I have talked to some people that race E30's and it is common for them to do something like 800 or 900 pound springs up front and 700 pound springs in the back without a rear sway bar. My motor is basically stock so while I do get a little bit of squat under acceleration it is not nearly as bad as it would be with an s52.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote