318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Induction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Turbo Install Live Stream for 318ti Members (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35237)

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 02:39 PM

Turbo Install Live Stream for 318ti Members

We will be installing a turbo on Yoda's 1996 318ti starting this Friday morning. There will be a live stream at all times of the work and that can be viewed on the 318ti.org frontpage. You will need to click start then watch a short ad and then the live stream should come up.

I will have the stream live today and tomorrow for testing so log in and let me know if the video is good of the work area. This is onlt a stream of my security cam desktop since I can't stream directly from the camera with Ustream. Currently there is a boat in the work area that will get a wiring harness today.

I would like to know if the video is viewable or is a latency mess with lots of issues.

Thanks, John S

cooljess76 01-25-2012 03:15 PM

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/10202978

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 319432)

Thanks Jess. That is option 2 and might be a better view since it might be down-sampled before it hits the 318ti server.

We are in testing and trying to get rid of the latency issues with choppy video. We might not be able to correct this since all of this is free hosting

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 03:26 PM

What I need to know from members is this. Is the video ok and acceptable or is it so jacked up you would not want to watch it.

Obviously there needs to be movement in the video stream to judge how much delay is there between frames...All comments are welcome.

Today there is a wiring harness on this boat then it gets moved and the turbo install starts Friday morning for all to see. I will also have a high quality version recorded in AVI at 30fps on my tera-drive

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 03:33 PM

Ok I'm going to install this wiring harness on this boat. If you see me working on the boat I need to know if the video is ok or so delayed you can't see what I'm doing.

I'm starting now so let me know if you are watching the video and if it looks ok?

Thanks

cooljess76 01-25-2012 03:34 PM

It's a little choppy, just seen you walk out to your boat. That might just be the security cam though no? Only thing I think you could do to make it better would go full screen on your desktop so we cant see your wallpaper and the actual view will be somewhat larger.

FWIW, back in November roadrash streamed his band playing live and the audio/visual was good. He used ustream.

Edit; John, there's a bunch of ladies commenting on the channel right now. Take your shirt off and play with your nipples, lol.

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 319436)
It's a little choppy, just seen you walk out to your boat. That might just be the security cam though no? Only thing I think you could do to make it better would go full screen on your desktop so we cant see your wallpaper and the actual view will be somewhat larger.

FWIW, back in November roadrash streamed his band playing live and the audio/visual was good. He used ustream.

Edit; John, there's a bunch of ladies commenting on the channel right now. Take your shirt off and play with your nipples, lol.

That is funny. I have not looked at the comments but most likely xxxjohnboyxxx has to do with it. Damn I hope it doesn't get shut down because of this.

yoda 01-25-2012 04:06 PM

I just saw you pull in... a bit choppy but I do think it's freaking cool!...

slow_ti 01-25-2012 04:16 PM

Nipples lol.

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 04:37 PM

Is this any better folks? I just set everything to 30fps and dropped all leachers on my wireless so I'm at 100% on my end. If it is still choppy it is not me but Ustream....It's a free program and host so I'm not complaining.

Going to finish the wiring on the boat and start it up

yoda 01-25-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx (Post 319442)
Is this any better folks? I just set everything to 30fps and dropped all leachers on my wireless so I'm at 100% on my end. If it is still choppy it is not me but Ustream....It's a free program and host so I'm not complaining.

Going to finish the wiring on the boat and start it up

it is less choppy and bit better quality...but we can't expect it to like live tv!

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 05:08 PM

I lost my phone can someone call me at 727 557-7452 until I pick up. I know the general area but it is burried.

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 05:15 PM

Thanks Cool Jess first and Yoda a close second. phone is found...

bmorekirby 01-25-2012 05:22 PM

awesome idea. 2 thumbs up!

xxxJohnBoyxxx 01-25-2012 05:40 PM

Well I logged in and watched a few ads you have to watch before you get the live feed.

I must say I in no way picked these ads for you all...