318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exhausts (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Stromung Exhaust (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10916)

BonesOfSteel 06-06-2006 03:04 AM

Stromung Exhaust

Just purchased stromung catback exhaust today. I bought my car months ago and have not done anything major to it. So I am getting my Bilstein HD and new M3 LCAB installed at the same time with the exhaust. 3 questions. Should I buy all new hangers for my exhaust? When I bought the car he put 2 new ball joints to pass safety but I think they were NAPA brand, should I change them or will these last awhile? I don't race. My mechanic told me 4 hours for the HD install, 3 hours for my bushings and .8h for the exhaust. He told me $400CAN if I want to to it cash. Does this sound like a decent price? Sorry for all the question.

I went onto bimmerforums and all they do is talk crap about my TI :mad:

DustenT 06-06-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonesOfSteel
Just purchased stromung catback exhaust today. I bought my car months ago and have not done anything major to it. So I am getting my Bilstein HD and new M3 LCAB installed at the same time with the exhaust. 3 questions. Should I buy all new hangers for my exhaust? When I bought the car he put 2 new ball joints to pass safety but I think they were NAPA brand, should I change them or will these last awhile? I don't race. My mechanic told me 4 hours for the HD install, 3 hours for my bushings and .8h for the exhaust. He told me $400CAN if I want to to it cash. Does this sound like a decent price? Sorry for all the question.

I went onto bimmerforums and all they do is talk crap about my TI :mad:

$400 cash is fair.

Hangers are something you need to check yourself.

TORJTHM 06-06-2006 03:24 AM

ya it all depends on the condition of them ... i just replaced mine when i got my magnaflow just so i wouldnt have to deal with it later ... but ya .. i work at an exhaust shop ... and $400 sounds about right for that work ...

saigon1965 06-06-2006 04:05 PM

400 canadian? that's a great deal.

BonesOfSteel 06-06-2006 05:14 PM

thank you for the quick response

Platanos 06-07-2006 12:05 AM

What type of rear bumper do you have? When I put my Stromung on, I found that the tip was hanging kind of low. I bought Mini S hangers and the tip now fits snug against the bumper.

Post 26 at this thread has the part numbers and a picture showing the difference between the stock ti hanger and the Mini S... http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...xhaust+hangers

Enjoy the growl of your new Stromung....

davendeb 06-08-2006 09:45 PM

Bones

can I ask where you got your stromung and $$$

DnD

BonesOfSteel 06-09-2006 12:54 AM

I could only find it at understeer.com. I live in Canada so it's a bit more expensive to get over but the catback exhaust was $562.00CAN with dutys/customs about $650CAN total. Little expensive but the supersprint was going to cost me $875 + tax and shipping! I prefer the sound of the stromung way more!

rippintis 09-27-2011 06:26 AM

Hey I know this is a late reply for such an old post. But if you could possibly answer me in time, how did the Stromung treat you when ordering it from understeer? I am about to order mine and am wondering if there were any issues in regars to connection leaks, and did you also dent it a bit so it wouldn't rattle? Thanks.

BonesOfSteel 09-27-2011 03:43 PM

I no longer have my Ti. I had no real issue ordering it from them. It took 1 week longer because they were busy but that was not an issue. I used Mini S hangers and my tip sat perfect but my exhaust did rattle at times. I had it removed and they bent my pipe and this solved the problem. My car was an Auto and I would not recommend it if your is too. It needs those high rpm's to bring out the sound. I did not notice a difference in hp too :frown:: Hope this answered your question!

rippintis 09-27-2011 04:37 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply. Mine is manual so I feel the low end torque won't bother me too much as I will drive very modestly, but is it exactly around 3500rpm where it starts to pick up a bit? If the low end torque suffers even around 2.400-2600 then that is a huge upset and would really have to reconsider getting that or just the stock oem eberspaecher and spend the extra on a speaker system or fix my rust spots.

rippintis 09-27-2011 04:38 PM

Also didn't realize you said did NOT notice a difference in hp. I'm not really expecting to gain much in hp, for less sound but a tiny bit more speed the supersprint is not worth my extra $200 or so.

familytruckster 09-28-2011 01:02 AM

It really wont give you any HP. Just noise. Lots of noise. It's significantly lighter than the factory exhaust though. And MUCH better looking.

rippintis 09-28-2011 06:15 AM

I just hope there are no issues with such examples like connection leaks, I read some older posts like the group order where a couple had leaks there