318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I am getting sued for racist comments posted online (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16581)

Gaston 06-21-2007 09:28 PM

I am getting sued for racist comments posted online

If you are a proponent of freedom, this will piss you off:

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33060

I guess government agencies go online now and can sue you if they don't like what you write on any messageboard.

mohaughn 06-21-2007 09:49 PM

Well it looks like you are getting sued because you made those comments in regards to a property you were renting. Which puts you in violation of the fair housing act.

I guess it is up to them to prove that you would really prevent somebody from living in your properties, if you even own property. If you do, and they can find somebody who submitted that you didn't let them live there, along with any derogatory comments you posted you might be screwed. There is freedom of speech, but you can't use racism as a means to disallow people living on your rental properties.

HuGo 06-21-2007 10:01 PM

ca ca ca ca crazy!

LMAO, thats what you get for being a racist.

You dont have my support nor sympathy you racist punk.

cooljess76 06-21-2007 10:02 PM

Well you started off with a clean slate here, try not to mess it up. Racism doesn't go over very well on this forum and I guarantee that it won't be tolerated. Typing something on the internet is the same as saying something over the phone. The phone operators have been known to screen conversations for threats and profanities. I was talking to a friend once when our call was interupted by an operator who said that his language was inappropriate and threatened to disconnect us if it continued. It seems that many people feel comfortable and safe sitting behind a desk at home or work with a keyboard and a mouse between them and somebody they're insulting. Most people wouldn't dare say some of the things that they're willing to type on the computer directly to the receipients face. The only thing that could be more immature than racism itself is a person that hides behind his computer making racial comments. Freedom of speech does not permit you to yell "fire" in a crouded theater or "shark" on a crowded beach. Try going to the airport and saying the word "bomb" a couple of times really loud and see where that gets you. Just like you wouldn't want to curse in front of children or elderly people, why would you want to make racial comments in a public forum?

Racism=FTL

Ken 06-21-2007 10:05 PM

Link to the thread with the information they think violates the law?

And it's more likely someone complained to them about a specific incident than they just happened to be trolling around the internets and stumbled upon it.

HuGo 06-21-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 124639)
Well you started off with a clean slate here, try not to mess it up. Racism doesn't go over very well on this forum and I guarantee that it won't be tolerated. Typing something on the internet is the same as saying something over the phone. The phone operators have been known to screen conversations for threats and profanities. I was talking to a friend once when our call was interupted by an operator who said that his language was inappropriate and threatened to disconnect us if it continued. It seems that many people feel comfortable and safe sitting behind a desk at home or work with a keyboard and a mouse between them and somebody they're insulting. Most people wouldn't dare say some of the things that they're willing to type on the computer directly to the receipients face. The only thing that could be more immature than racism itself is a person that hides behind his computer making racial comments.

Racism=FTL

So you think we should sue Jflip2002 for what he called me?

saintse36 06-21-2007 10:32 PM

lol man yeah sue that all this country is all about anyways u cant do anything what out being sued these day some pep just piss me off wait i might get sued for saying that l8tz

1996 328ti 06-21-2007 11:40 PM

Since this is already being discussed on another board, there is no need to continue here.