318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Misc (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Well this is how i got home today. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10525)

Tyler 05-14-2006 11:10 PM

Well this is how i got home today.

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not really sure what the problem is but i hit a samll puddle in the pouring rain yesterday and my battry light came on. It was on today when i left boston to drive home. When i was on the highway all my idiot lights were flickering. My transmission light came on and stayed on the whole drive. When i got into RI and pulled off the highway i noticed my car was stuck in 4th gear. So i put my blinker on which didn't work and pulled over popped the hood and checked her out. I decided to shut it off and turn it back on hopeing the trans light was off. But car wouldn't turn over,all the lights came up but nothing. I called AAA for a tow and after 30 min cranked it and it turned over once but didn't start. I'm hoping it's the bateery but am not sure. Waited 2hrs for a tow which sucked

AlaskaBlue 05-14-2006 11:26 PM

Ahhh your not supposed to tow like that! Good luck getting the car fixed.

cali-ti 05-15-2006 12:56 AM

bad battery or ground connection? shouldn't cars be towed with the drive wheels up?

KetteringTi 05-15-2006 12:58 AM

Flatbed that f*cker!!!!

DustenT 05-15-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti
bad battery or ground connection? shouldn't cars be towed with the drive wheels up?

Doesn't towing with the rear-end up but un-needed stress on the steering and ignition lock?

roadrash 05-15-2006 01:22 AM

According to page 94 of the owners manual, the car was towed properly: "Use wheel lifts or tranport the vehicle on a flatbed truck."

Tyler 05-15-2006 01:44 AM

I'm hoping it's something simple. I told the guy it's rear wheel drive and he insisted it was ok. Is there a fuse for the charging system? I hope **** just got wet and it needs to dry up.

The lights that came on were the abd/traction control/transmission light & airbag light. They all were flickering and then the trans light just stayed on and was stuck in 4th gear. Just as these lights came on a guy in an suv 3 cars in front of me lost control went up onto the island and took out a highway sign.

DustenT 05-15-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler
I'm hoping it's something simple. I told the guy it's rear wheel drive and he insisted it was ok. Is there a fuse for the charging system? I hope **** just got wet and it needs to dry up.

The lights that came on were the abd/traction control/transmission light & airbag light. They all were flickering and then the trans light just stayed on and was stuck in 4th gear. Just as these lights came on a guy in an suv 3 cars in front of me lost control went up onto the island and took out a highway sign.

What the hell? It must have been raining really hard! It sounds like your ECU might have gotten wet. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tyler 05-15-2006 02:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There was a state of emergency in Massachusetts and New Hampshire today. I was coming from boston and i haven't seen it rain like this in years. It's been raining for about a week and in boston alone about 14 inches of rain,most rain there since october of 96. It's suppsed to stop raining wednesday or thursday.

My friends workshop was flooding this morning in waltham,i took a couple pics with my cell,the street is under the bridge about 5ft from that red car in the pic. The water was about 1ft deep maybee a little more. We had to put sand bags along the whole work shop doors and stuff,sucky morning.

jetblackbimmer 05-15-2006 03:28 AM

that is shyte. I have no idea what the problem could be but I hope it gets better. The difference between a lifted tow and a flatbed is about $150-200 here with higher mileage rates.

Juni 05-15-2006 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler
There was a state of emergency in Massachusetts and New Hampshire today. I was coming from boston and i haven't seen it rain like this in years. It's been raining for about a week and in boston alone about 14 inches of rain,most rain there since october of 96. It's suppsed to stop raining wednesday or thursday.

My friends workshop was flooding this morning in waltham,i took a couple pics with my cell,the street is under the bridge about 5ft from that red car in the pic. The water was about 1ft deep maybee a little more. We had to put sand bags along the whole work shop doors and stuff,sucky morning.

Hey, I know where that work shop is! It has the all torn up MR2 out in front. But yea, its been raining like crazy over here, my basement is flooded.

cali-ti 05-15-2006 04:03 AM

i'm thinking with a LSD, i wouldn't want the rear wheels on the ground. not sure what all the good/bad points are of non-drive vs drive wheels being the ones on the ground. anyone?

tyler, hope everything comes out ok when it dries out!

KetteringTi 05-15-2006 04:18 AM

That's what AAA Plus is for.

HuGo 05-15-2006 05:04 AM

my dad has a tow truck. When we have towed our car, the rear wheels are on the ground. The tow truck hooks up both front tires. Kinda hard to explain, this T looking thing slides our from tow truck, then when those are hit with the tires, there are these other like hooks that grabs from the back of the tire and sits in. Then my dad has 2 belts to tie down the tires incase the hooks were to fall off. Not hooks like fishing hooks, hooks that hold the back tires.

jmir14 05-15-2006 06:16 AM

Agh, Not good..I also live in MA, last night coming home LEE,MA like 4 hours from where I live, I was in Providence,RI and hit the biggest pot hole and poped my back tire. What a bad time at 3 in the morning in the pouring rain.
Anyways, hope everything turns out good for you.

+1 for the massive amount of rain breaking things!