318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Car hooks left...told "rear toe is out on d-side"...... (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6586)

marleymon 08-09-2005 01:02 AM

Car hooks left...told "rear toe is out on d-side"......

Hey guys- I've got a great looking 95ti, factory lowered,LSD...etc.
I recently dropped a vault full on tie rods,ball joints, and CA bushings, along with an alignment. Or I hoped it would align...
these rides seem to be unfriendly in the alignment area...right?
With front end tightened up, and new toyos...it stil arcs left.......
I have a spec readout, but I'm wondering if they on because the car wasn't weighed down in any way during alignment?

In any case, I'm told my rear toe is out on the drivers side rear... how do I fix this with an e30 rear end?

any help is greatly appreciated.....this is a very sweet ride other than this annoying slow hook it has...

Thanks- Josh

stormos 08-09-2005 04:50 PM

ireland engineering rear camber and toe kit.... costly fitting though due to welding required :(

pdxmotorhead 08-09-2005 04:51 PM

Find a real alignment shop.....
If you have a race track (Road race ) within any distance find the shop that
sells the racers their tires and supplies. They either do alignments or know who does.
Most racers do their own. Its not hard...

Toe on a E30 rear suspension isn't that hard to correct.
Worst case youll need whats called a crash bolt kit.

Dave

marleymon 08-10-2005 04:24 AM

options...?

So what would you do?
Am I looking for adjustable TA bushings? I'm not afraid of welding anything so...
maybe this is easier than I making it out to be....can you drop me some links for the kits you are talking about...?
thanks guys...jn

cali-ti 08-10-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Toe on a E30 rear suspension isn't that hard to correct.
Worst case youll need whats called a crash bolt kit.

Dave

i want to know more about this "crash bolt kit" please :)

ireland engineering sells kits to allow adjustment of both camber and toe on the rear. they essentially consist of eccentric bolts and slotted tabs that need to be welded on the subframe where the trailing arms attach. ireland engineering's site is www.bmw2002.com. search under the e30. the kits are like $75 each (camber and toe separately).

you could also get adjustable RTABs. a number of places offer these. those don't require you to drop the subframe like the ireland engineering kits would.

pdxmotorhead 08-11-2005 12:10 AM

Yep thats a crash bolt kit. Some don't use the weld in bits for minor adjustments
they use eccentric bushings to adjust it all depends on the situation.

GOOD body shops get how thes work and also can usually do a good alignment.

BTW MOOG crash bolt kits are usually about $25 per end of the car....

Dave