318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   1 series (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   135i vs lambo (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22361)

thesk8nmidget 06-10-2008 09:36 PM

135i vs lambo

:biggrin:

tiFreak 06-10-2008 10:47 PM

wow, I really want a 135i now :eek:

CirrusSR22 06-11-2008 12:59 AM

125 mph on public roads = Jackasses.

Bluebimma 06-11-2008 01:36 AM

In trafiic....>WEAK!

1996 328ti 06-11-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 (Post 178368)
125 mph on public roads = Jackasses.

Idiots.
They deserve to be driving mopeds.

Philly 06-11-2008 02:45 AM

besides the point that they are jackasses.... how the heck does a 135i with exhaust/intake upgrades, take out a lambo - that doesn't seem right at all.

Marv17 06-11-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly (Post 178392)
besides the point that they are jackasses.... how the heck does a 135i with exhaust/intake upgrades, take out a lambo - that doesn't seem right at all.

perhaps the guy in the lambo doesn't know how to drive too well??

Maverix 06-11-2008 07:18 AM

Hah! not bad at all. Though I hate the ending. Wish the 135i won. =\

I'm sorry to disagree with some of the people in the topic, but I think your a jackass for calling those drivers a jackass. I'm not sure about yall; but I hate it when I see a M3 driving 40mph in a 60mph, holding up the line in the 1 lane road. Now i'm not saying that people with fast cars should race 24/7 but they should have fun riding an agile car. If people choose to race, put their lifes in danger, and risk getting their license suspended for 20 years, then I give them major props. And plus, it's on a straight away, so I don't want to hear anyone complaining that they are putting other peoples life in danger. What are the chances that they would get into a wreck? If you are unable to keep the steering wheel in a straight direction, then you might want to think about getting a lambo, regardless of your budget.

318tifan 06-11-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1225 (Post 178441)

I'm sorry to disagree with some of the people in the topic, but I think your a jackass for calling those drivers a jackass. I'm not sure about yall; but I hate it when I see a M3 driving 40mph in a 60mph, holding up the line in the 1 lane road. Now i'm not saying that people with fast cars should race 24/7 but they should have fun riding an agile car. If people choose to race, put their lifes in danger, and risk getting their license suspended for 20 years, then I give them major props. And plus, it's on a straight away, so I don't want to hear anyone complaining that they are putting other peoples life in danger. What are the chances that they would get into a wreck? If you are unable to keep the steering wheel in a straight direction, then you might want to think about getting a lambo, regardless of your budget.

are you serious??
i'm all for fast cars going fast.... ON THE TRACK
if you're on public roadway, please drive responsibly as there are people who rely on some sort of standard deviation with the speed limit... if you're going 125mph on a US highway populated by other drivers, that's wayyy too fast and yes you do put other people's lives at risk

so let's recap:
drive responsibly
don't drink and drive.... practice does not make perfect....
that's my public service announcement for the day

Den 06-11-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly (Post 178392)

Don't forget that the motor is turbocharged and tuned very conservatively from the factory. These guys reprogrammed the ECU for an extra 100 hp.:eek: It was clearly staged with the Lambo driver acting lame, but ~400 hp in a ~3,000-lb car is pretty competitive.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

Den 06-11-2008 12:28 PM

Oh yeah, I don't think there's any racing going on here. It looks like they're filming a promo video, not racing.

thesk8nmidget 06-11-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

they are complete idiots... there is never a need to go over 100 miles an hour on a road with other drivers on it unless it is a track! END OF STORY!

they can go enjoy their fast cars on the track no need to do it on open roads!
they were putting other peoples lifes in danger.. what happens when someone merges onto the highway and these two cars are doing +100.

sudden moves when going +100 can be deadly!

public roads are not smooth and very safe compared to a track.

tracks save innocent peoples lives!

CirrusSR22 06-11-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Wow. Tell that to the family members of the 40,000+ people who die on US roads every year. These guys are pathetic. Period.

roadrash 06-11-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

but I think your a jackass for calling those drivers a jackass.

I think you are as much of a jackass as the guys in the video since you're obviously the type who would drive like that. And It's YOU'RE, not YOUR.

I don't give a crap if they risk their lives. I don't even much care if they die. However, I DO care if their juvenile, irresponsible actions lead to the death or injury of someone else. Unless it's another jackass, of course.

Marv17 06-11-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget (Post 178473)
they are complete idiots... there is never a need to go over 100 miles an hour on a road with other drivers on it unless it is a track! END OF STORY!

they can go enjoy their fast cars on the track no need to do it on open roads!
they were putting other peoples lifes in danger.. what happens when someone merges onto the highway and these two cars are doing +100.

sudden moves when going +100 can be deadly!

not trying to stir up any argument but i have to say a lil something regarding this subject.... but clearly some ppl need to come drive here in SoCal. on a daily basis the regular range of driving speed is 70-100pmh on the freeways/highways here. its kind of crazy at times. its a common thing seeing someone drive about 80-90mph on average with ppl around. now, it is dangerous and stupid driving at those speeds with a packed highway but there will always be those few who drive fast at all times regardless of how traffic is. but what can we do? we can promote going to the tracks or taking it to open highway road in the middle of no where is just about it.
for us that are trying to just drive to our destinations we should get out of the way so we don't get caught in some horrific accident.