318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   rear subframe mounts?!?! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7756)

cossieturbo 11-30-2005 07:12 PM

rear subframe mounts?!?!

Well I finally made my way back to this forum. Soooo little time to play, but work is a great place to find the time. So I'm now sorting out my broken Subframe Mounts and other rear bits. I'm looking to compare Group N e30 vs factory ti vs M-Coupe units vs other junk on the market.

ANY INPUT/HELP????

Erik
cossieturbo

1996 328ti 11-30-2005 07:41 PM

Way overkill.
I have IE RSMs and quite frankly I'm sorry I had them installed.
Sqeak like hell and actually makes the car a little more twitchy.
There is something that can be said for factory RSMs that can last +150K miles.

cali-ti 11-30-2005 07:53 PM

are you talking about the subframe bushings or the trailing arm bushings steven? i would agree on the IE poly subframe bushings and stock rubber trailing arm bushings. i have full poly and the trailing arm bushings do squeak. i need more experience with it to say whether or not i find it twitchy. i think with the adjustable camber and toe kits and an alignment, it really hooks up nicely now. however, i don't have the track experience that steven does. mine's just a daily driver.

1996 328ti 11-30-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti
are you talking about the subframe bushings or the trailing arm bushings steven? i would agree on the IE poly subframe bushings and stock rubber trailing arm bushings. i have full poly and the trailing arm bushings do squeak. i need more experience with it to say whether or not i find it twitchy. i think with the adjustable camber and toe kits and an alignment, it really hooks up nicely now. however, i don't have the track experience that steven does. mine's just a daily driver.

Oh you're right. I actually have both but I imagine it's the RTABs that are making the noise. Do I just need to keep them lubed?

As far as twitchiness, I found if I crest a hill the rear steps out a little more now.

cali-ti 11-30-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
Oh you're right. I actually have both but I imagine it's the RTABs that are making the noise. Do I just need to keep them lubed?

As far as twitchiness, I found if I crest a hill the rear steps out a little more now.

well, the question is, how do you get any lube in there? i would think that would work, but i have no idea how one would actually force the lube in there :(

cossieturbo 12-02-2005 05:43 AM

Yup, I am speaking of the SubFrame mounts. As for the trailing Arm mounts, I might look at aftermarket if they are Black Graphite Poly units. I have enjoyed them on my Nissan with no noise. It's the Graphite of course. So I have a rule that I guess I'll stick with for my Ti... Use factory upgraded parts such as M-Coupe and or Club Sport bits only. I'll get back about this. Thanks blokes.

Erik