318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   new engine build. dasc + turbo +2kits nitrous + methanol (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42151)

andakn 09-03-2018 06:01 PM

Well it's running, I had some issues but slowly sorting them out. Found that the stock coil was going out and with the higher power ignition system it was sparking out the side of the coil to the shock tower. So I switched it to coil on plug with s85 v10 coils and spark seems to be more consistent. Still have quite a bit to sort out wiring and base tuning wise. Found out that the m44 has the same trigger set up as an 2.4 ecotech, not sure if it has the same crank angle but I followed haltechs video on YouTube and got it with the timing light. Hope to get it on the road and dyno by next weekend.

anassa 09-04-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andakn (Post 389209)
Well it's running, I had some issues but slowly sorting them out. Found that the stock coil was going out and with the higher power ignition system it was sparking out the side of the coil to the shock tower. So I switched it to coil on plug with s85 v10 coils and spark seems to be more consistent. Still have quite a bit to sort out wiring and base tuning wise. Found out that the m44 has the same trigger set up as an 2.4 ecotech, not sure if it has the same crank angle but I followed haltechs video on YouTube and got it with the timing light. Hope to get it on the road and dyno by next weekend.

Awsome man! Post up a video when you have a chance! :biggrin:

andakn 09-04-2018 04:55 PM

Maybe I'll do a walk around video tonight on where I'm at and how I hooked stuff up. I have the stock computer wired in so my ews and factory alarm still operates like stock.

andakn 09-06-2018 01:22 AM

Link to the latest video.
https://youtu.be/AdkrnxP7DN0

BRADESTAR 09-06-2018 03:02 AM

Pure Radical..!!

Please send me an autographed picture of this monster when available. You have a fan in me!

ZEK 09-07-2018 11:24 PM

Thanks for the video!! It’s looking awesome, love the driveshaft.

I was lookin at getting a Haltech as well. You prefer their products over say AEM?

Keep ya updated! It’s amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

andakn 09-08-2018 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haltech is really the only standalone unit I have any real experience with, looked into megasquirt but didn't feel comfortable building it and my circuit board soldering skills are not great. I've got enough unknowns with this contraption, I wanted something bulletproof and user friendly as I am teaching myself to tune. Haltech has lots of how to videos on YouTube and explain a lot of the ECU features. Everything else I needed to know was in the help tab in the ECU programming software, and was very detailed.

andakn 09-11-2018 06:59 PM

I think the Ebay turbo went out. Started smoking bad last night and didn't seem to clear out. I'm going to do some more checking tonight, I'm hopeful that it was just some that leaked into the exhaust while the car wasn't running. I did notice that if it sits the rear oil seal will leak into the exhaust but it has never smoked this bad and before it would always clear out within a couple minutes.

apexspeedtech 09-12-2018 08:11 PM

I've helped other forum members with ECUs, its what I do. My recommendation is the Link ECUs, I think they're a better value feel free to PM me.

andakn 09-12-2018 08:42 PM

I've worked out most of the ECU settings now just teaching myself how to tune. I've had a little experience with it but not creating all maps and settings from scratch. As for the turbo, it is technically bad because it does leak oil into the exhaust but after the turbo warms up it stops. So I'll probably run on it the rest of the year and this winter I'll finish the top mount setup for the big turbo and maybe be able to go back to the 10psi pulley on the supercharger. May also run 2 Wastegates to make sure I have enough exhaust bypass to control the compounding boost

Jean H.318TI 02-16-2019 05:55 AM

What brand are the pistons and rods and specs?

andakn 05-16-2019 05:33 PM

8.5 to 1 cup carillo pistons, maxspeeding h beam rods. I'm finally figuring out the tune on the new ecu, but maxed out the 1200cc injectors at 23psi. So waiting on the 2200cc injectors to come. Almost done with the top mount turbo setup. Going to a 70/82mm turbo. At 23psi it will spin the 305 tires at 50mph in 3rd gear. Too much fun

Jean H.318TI 05-18-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andakn (Post 390417)
8.5 to 1 cup carillo pistons, maxspeeding h beam rods. I'm finally figuring out the tune on the new ecu, but maxed out the 1200cc injectors at 23psi. So waiting on the 2200cc injectors to come. Almost done with the top mount turbo setup. Going to a 70/82mm turbo. At 23psi it will spin the 305 tires at 50mph in 3rd gear. Too much fun

Sounds like a lot of fun. I just got the same rods. But I got Ross pistons. Stock bore but 9.8:1 compression and I'm also gonna do top mount turbo and a new ball bearing turbo

andakn 05-19-2019 03:49 PM

Top mount manifold

2 Attachment(s)
Top mount turbo manifold is almost complete, just need to add the Wastegate pipe, and wrap it. I plan on running 2 different downpipe, one out the back with a muffler and a shorty hood dump for the track. With the v bands it shouldn't be hard to swap.

andakn 05-21-2019 06:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Down pipe almost finished, well one of the downpipes