318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Maintenance (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Say hello to my little friend (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43478)

Flatbooty 08-28-2017 01:40 AM

Say hello to my little friend

Hello everyone . I am new here . I bought a 1996 318ti from a guy in chicago off craigslist. I wanted the car because it was different. I have alot of work to do to bring it back to it's former glory. I just replaced the driveshaft and the oil filter housing gasket and valve cover gaskets and spark plugs. also replaced the trans mounts. After all that the brake hose went and blew on me. Me and this car are really getting to know each other. I also found out one of the front and one of the rear coil springs are broken. Lucky the car was cheap and I do all my own wrenching. I will keep you guys posted .

BlackBMWs 08-28-2017 05:24 AM

Welcome! Join the club for renewing your TI. Seems we all have at one point or another. Look forward to seeing your TI soon. Cheers! :cool:

FunElan 08-28-2017 06:10 PM

Congrats on the purchase! If you ever come back to Chicago, lemme know.

Flatbooty 09-13-2017 12:40 AM

I tackled the hood release cable today. I can now agree with everyone that it is a pain. Tried to thread the new cable with the old one. that didn't work so I had to take the fender off. Hopefully I won't have to do that again. Next up rear suspension

anassa 09-13-2017 05:31 AM

Pictures!!!!!!!

say a thousand words.

:wink:

Flatbooty 09-13-2017 03:14 PM

I have been taking some pictures as soon as I figure out how to post them I will get them up. She is not a thing of beauty but I just can't resist a project.

anassa 09-13-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatbooty (Post 386622)
I have been taking some pictures as soon as I figure out how to post them I will get them up. She is not a thing of beauty but I just can't resist a project.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :biggrin:

Flatbooty 11-06-2017 03:30 AM

After checking found out all the springs were broken. Installed a set of H&R lowering springs and Koni STR.T shocks and struts and all new hardware. I also replaced the sway bar bushings and links front and rear and inner and outer tie end rods. She rides like a champ now. Already put over two thousand trouble free miles on the setup. Next up lower control arms. I want to replace the all the bushings but that will have to wait until spring unless I find somewhere inside to work . I will keep you posted and I have pictures of all the work so far.

cocofunk 11-30-2017 05:43 AM

Great Progress!

Flatbooty 12-01-2017 04:06 AM

Hi. Lent the car to my daughter and when she came home . My passenger door panel was duck taped on. The handle was broken at the top and a couple of the black spacers were off. Whoever had it before me didn't get the right fasteners and used some that didn't fit so they epoxied them to the black pieces. So now I have to repair both doors . I know its been done many times and I have read all the post so it should go smooth. I will also be replacing the tweeters with some CTS sounds meso tweeters. I plan to use jb weld and fiberglass to reattach the black pieces . As always I will take pictures. Until the next repair