318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I've gone and got one! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5315)

Thinking of getting one.. 04-25-2005 10:50 AM

I've gone and got one!

Found a nice looking example on the internet last Friday, went to view it Saturday, and bought it!!

I'm going to be collecting:

1999 (V) BMW 318Ti sport with full leather in Avus (?) Blue. It's got full dealer service history and 64k on the clock and I want it now! I got it for £6499 and I'm having a couple of bits of work done on it first, 1) an new passenger wing mirror (this one has been clipped) and 2) the side of the drivers seat re-upholstered as its been flattened by the last owner (costing the dealer who I got it off £495!).

Unfortunately the car doesn't have remote central locking - is this something that can be installed by BMW? or will I need to get a third party alarm installed perhaps?

Also, the key has been a little neglected and the torch bit isn't there - do BMW supply replacement key end bits?

Boxbrownie 04-25-2005 11:10 AM

Excellent news, welcome to the sweetest driving little hatchback around.....
The central locking can be installed along with the BMW alarm, works a treat, although mine came with it from new.
What do you mean on the key thingy?? Are you talking about the button on the main key is missing? If so, not sure that you'll get spare bits, you may have to purchase a new key and have it programmed by BMW dealer.

Best regards David

Boxbrownie 04-25-2005 11:12 AM

Of course you could always go to a breakers and find a old key from a write off, I am sure it won't cost you more than a couple of quid, just pinch the bits you need from it.

97Hellrot318ti 04-25-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxbrownie
Of course you could always go to a breakers and find a old key from a write off, I am sure it won't cost you more than a couple of quid, just pinch the bits you need from it.

This thread has officially been taken over by the British! Bob's your uncle, lorries, tyres and all that. Would you Adam and Eve it?

Thinking of getting one.. 04-26-2005 09:20 AM

British

Appologies to 97Hellrot318ti - but there doesn't seem to be much online british activity on the 318Ti so I had to get some advice from somewhere. I'm heading over to the 'sunny side' in August for a break - Vegas/Hawaii/San Fran, so that should be good.

Boxbrownie - cheers for the help and yes it is the button on the main key part, and I reckon the second option sounds good - a quick trip to a scrap yard for me!

theseeker411 04-26-2005 03:18 PM

Hey congrats on a nice find there man, hope you enjoy it. Sti

97Hellrot318ti 04-26-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinking of getting one..
Appologies to 97Hellrot318ti - but there doesn't seem to be much online british activity on the 318Ti so I had to get some advice from somewhere. I'm heading over to the 'sunny side' in August for a break - Vegas/Hawaii/San Fran, so that should be good.

Boxbrownie - cheers for the help and yes it is the button on the main key part, and I reckon the second option sounds good - a quick trip to a scrap yard for me!

Haha, absolutely no need to apologize (or apologise, for that matter)! Enjoy your Ti :biggrin:

Boxbrownie 04-27-2005 10:56 AM

What is it with our transatlantic cousins and that Zed..sorry I mean Zee...

Blimey mate, its rainin' cats an dogs ere naw.....ain't seen the current bun for weeks, wat wiv der spotty dog an all........

Bloody Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards David.......chin chin what