318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Interior and ICE (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dove Gray vaders with black interior? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9738)

DustenT 03-30-2006 12:23 AM

Dove Gray vaders with black interior?

My interior is compeletely black right now. I might have found a good deal on dove gray vader seats (front and rear). How would dove gray seats look in a black interior? Has anyone seen this before? How hard they to dye black? I did a search and I can't find any pics of this combination.

Tyler 03-30-2006 12:42 AM

I think i've seen this before on a bmw,i know i've seen this color combo on other cars. Let me do some searching to see if i can come up with anything. I know someone on here has dyed there seats,maybee L8?? But whoever did it stuck with the same color as the seats.

DustenT 03-30-2006 01:45 AM

BUMP! What is everyone's opinion on this? Dove Grey vaders in an all Black interior??? I wanna know what you think.

AlaskaBlue 03-30-2006 02:23 AM

Hmm I am not sure what I would think of that. I will have black seats with a grey interior installed this weekend. I will post up some pics of that if you think it would help.

L84THSKY 03-30-2006 02:58 AM

Black seats ...grey interior......no way.....not good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue
Hmm I am not sure what I would think of that. I will have black seats with a grey interior installed this weekend. I will post up some pics of that if you think it would help.

L84THSKY 03-30-2006 02:59 AM

Grey seats in a black car could be interesting. I dyed my Dove grey Vaders to Biege to match my interior. Not a very large change in color. I don't think dying them black is practical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustenT
BUMP! What is everyone's opinion on this? Dove Grey vaders in an all Black interior??? I wanna know what you think.

aceyx 03-30-2006 03:04 AM

You know what would be hot? Dove gray seats with the bolsters dyed black in a black interior car. (Leatherique)

Sick hot.

96cali 03-30-2006 03:50 AM

I originally wanted to swap out the gray cloth in my car for black leather. Bought a couple yards of black fabric, tucked it around the seats and stood back. It was pretty high contrast and wasn't sure so I backed off. I think the same is true of gray into black Dustin. You'll need a couple gray accents here/there to really ti it in. Maybe paint the plastic seat backs to black? Maybe get gray stitching/piping on your ebrake and shift boots? Maybe a gray/white face guage set?

If you can find pics I'll try to pshop something for you if you want.

AlaskaBlue 03-30-2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L84THSKY
Black seats ...grey interior......no way.....not good.

Im not too concerned with looks.. Its becoming more of a track, auto-x toy that is daily driven.

Variance 03-30-2006 04:06 AM

If that's the case, I remember hearing that vaders aren't actually all that, how should I say... "grippy" of a seat. It'd be better to get an aftermarket racing seat.

DustenT 03-30-2006 04:46 AM

Is this dove grey? It doesn't look bad.

http://hinzm3.com/interior.jpg

Variance 03-30-2006 04:53 AM

It looks like beige to me. Dove grey is more, well, grey.

DustenT 03-30-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variance
It looks like beige to me. Dove grey is more, well, grey.

The caption said dove grey. I might be the lighting in the picture, but I'm pretty sure that's dove grey.

Variance 03-30-2006 05:03 AM

Hmmm... after looking through some pics, it seems you're probably right. I guess the dove grey leather is just darker than cloth.

AlaskaBlue 03-30-2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variance
If that's the case, I remember hearing that vaders aren't actually all that, how should I say... "grippy" of a seat. It'd be better to get an aftermarket racing seat.

I should have clarified. I realized what I said could have been interpreted as such after I had left to go practice.

They are actually carbon/kevlar side mount race seats with a high grip fabric.
Grey was not a color option.