318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Lost my best friend (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30200)

xxxJohnBoyxxx 04-11-2010 01:04 PM

Lost my best friend

Well I went out with my dad yesterday and we worked on his boat all morning. We always did projects together and he taught me all I know about motors and electronics. He dropped me off and headed home. Got a call that he was in a accident so I headed to the hospital. He was in good condition when I arrived but within 1 hour he slipped into a coma then had multiple heart attacks and passed. The air bag got him. So now a sit here in total shock. He was healthy and perfectly fine and then he's gone.

Now what do I do...

spidertri 04-11-2010 01:22 PM

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that John. My condolences to you and your family.

Sounds like you have a lot of great memories with your Dad. It always helped me to think about those memories (My Mom passed 8 years ago) and to talk about all the good times we had together.

Recon427 04-11-2010 03:11 PM

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your father passing away....

You should let it all out, tears and all, if you haven't done so already. Clears the system....

As cliche as this might sound: Your father just moved on to the other side but he is still here with you in spirit.

Remember the good times. Live it up and remember that your father is right behind you now. ;)

1996 328ti 04-11-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx (Post 267084)
So now a sit here in total shock. He was healthy and perfectly fine and then he's gone.

Now what do I do...

Sorry. :( Sit back and regroup. It will take time.
Don't throw out anything you may regret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon427 (Post 267091)
You should let it all out, tears and all, if you haven't done so already. Clears the system....

Good advice. Repeat as long as necessary.

BMW_Hatchback 04-11-2010 04:07 PM

God bless you and your family John. I'm so sorry this had to happen, nothing is pleasant about it I'm sure. I hope you can recover from it big time. God bless man

Bozola 04-11-2010 04:21 PM

John,

Sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Time will heal. Cherish the memories.
________
Honda SA50

cooljess76 04-11-2010 05:15 PM

John, I just went through a very similar experience. Lost my mom two years ago and it seems like yesterday. My best advice is to find a project and stay busy. However you need to be strong and available for everyone else, especially the little guy. I never really had a chance to greive because I had to be strong for the rest of my family. Looking back, not only did it make me a stronger person, it held the family together during a really tough time. I'm not a religious person, so that spiritual stuff doesn't really work for me. I'm guessing you're in the same boat and you just need to understand that death is part of life. A very big and important part. A loss such as yours can be a tremendous blow, but with the right mindset you can get back up and finish the fight. Get control and be strong brother, your energy will lift everyone around you.

trikzta 04-11-2010 05:47 PM

john sorry to hear about your father, just like jess say you should try and stay busy just so the thought of what has happen wont be going thru your head, and most of us know is not something easy especially with all the memories in front and around you reminding you of the great person you just lost but you have to stay strong not just for yourself but for your family.

PrimeTimeSlime 04-11-2010 05:59 PM

Thats terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss. Thats going to hurt for a while but you will make it through it in the end. Keep your head up.

Philly 04-11-2010 06:39 PM

John, sorry for your loss bro - i know its hard but you will pull through.
Like others have said, try and keep busy and let it out when you need to as often as you need to.

I lost my father when I was a young kid to a heart attack, and my grandfather took on the role of "father". I recently lost him as well and like Jess, I never really got to grieve because I had to stay strong for my Mom and my brothers. I can tell you, you never really get over it, but we find ways to cope - im sure you will too! Best of luck to you and your family! Stay strong!

chudzikb 04-11-2010 07:23 PM

I do not know which is worse, watching your dad die a lingering death (I did 5 years ago) or your situation where it was so sudden? I at least got to say my peace and felt good about that. I suspect you had no warning he was going?

The best advise I got when my dad died was "think of your dad a lot, but, do not think of him a LOT when you do". I guess in there is the do not dwell upon it message. It has been good advise. I feel for you...

1996 318ti NY 04-11-2010 10:13 PM

im sorry man theres not much i can say here, but keep your head up and just talk about it.

Feel better man my Condolences to you, and your family.

marko 04-11-2010 10:28 PM

oh **** John... so sorry to hear that.
loss of a parent or a child, is bar far the most difficult thing anyone can go through.
I can only imagine how it must feel...

my condolences & best wishes to you & your family.

it will take some time, but it will get easier...

dave45056 04-11-2010 11:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Think yourself fortunate that you had a good relationship with your father. I know that doesn't help with the immediate pain, but in the long run, that's what counts.

chrisbec 04-11-2010 11:58 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad 3 years ago and I sure do miss him. There is not a day that goes by that something that I do or something that I see reminds me of him. Particularly when I'm wrenching on my car, my dad took time (like yours) to teach me about how to work on engines.

My condolences to your family.
Chris