318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   new guy with an Alaskablau ti (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43280)

shangsta 06-13-2017 07:07 PM

new guy with an Alaskablau ti

Hey guys I just wanted to say hi. I recently had the need to purchase a new daily since my e30 touring was involved in a wreck. I wanted something fun and reliable but still cheap and came across this ti in florida. The car is a 96 Alaskablau metallic sport package car with all the mtech trim. It has a dbilias ITB kit, aftermarket exhaust, z3 shifter with new bushings, m contours, eibach springs. The car is in pretty good shape and will serve as my daily while i rebuild my touring. I will get some pics after i clean a few things up on the car.

7Senna8 06-13-2017 09:36 PM

Nice, welcome! Sorry to hear about the E30. I had 2 before so they are near and dear to me as well. Alaskablau is a nice color! 😉👍

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

J!m 06-15-2017 03:23 AM

That sounds like a great car. And I think contours look better on the ti than any other BMW. I nearly went with them myself!

Welcome! We don't get many new members these days. Tons of info here if you search for it.

Outrider 06-17-2017 04:40 PM

Nice way to get the best out of a bad situation. E30 touring is pretty special, but you know that.

I got my Ti for the purpose of keeping miles off of my Z Coupé, which has low mileage for an 18 year old car. I like the flexibility of the Ti's fold down rear bench seats and I'm a huge fan of hatchbacks. The Ti also gets great gas mileage in comparison to the (much more powerful) six in my Coupé.

From everything I've seen so far, the Ti makes a great daily.

anassa 06-17-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shangsta (Post 385280)
Hey guys I just wanted to say hi. I recently had the need to purchase a new daily since my e30 touring was involved in a wreck. I wanted something fun and reliable but still cheap and came across this ti in florida. The car is a 96 Alaskablau metallic sport package car with all the mtech trim. It has a dbilias ITB kit, aftermarket exhaust, z3 shifter with new bushings, m contours, eibach springs. The car is in pretty good shape and will serve as my daily while i rebuild my touring. I will get some pics after i clean a few things up on the car.

Welcome!

I am very interested in how the dbilias ITB kit is setup, that seems pretty unique!

The 318ti can be a great daily, but it seems your 318ti has been modded pretty heavily so hopefully it doesn't come at the expense of reliability!

shangsta 06-23-2017 06:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I was heartbroken about the touring but like you said outrider it is special and I love it so much that i said i would never sell it so I bought it back from the insurance company and it will be getting a full rebuild to better than it was before. The dbilias setup is pretty proven setup as they first developed them for the m42 e30's. I will post some pictures of it in a little bit. I have put over 2000 miles in the short time I have had it and it has been flawless. I plan on doing a few track days soon so I will be going through the car and addressing any issues it has before that. The biggest issue with the car is that it it running h&r race springs with the oem bmw sports and it is constantly hitting the bump stops so a set of koni's will be going in. Im finishing up doing a full restoration on my 91 318is slicktop and should be down this week and then can really tear into the ti.