318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The fastest 318ti racecar, for sale (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28829)

andy 12-03-2009 12:35 AM

The fastest 318ti racecar, for sale

1995 BMW 318ti, M52 power

The 2009 USTCC Runner-up #38 Mad Man Motorsports BMW 318ti is available for sale. This is an excellent USTCC car, but would be easily competitive in NASA Performance Touring or GTS Challenge with some optimization for either class. It is fun, challenging, sounds great, and very inexpensive to keep on the track. In addition, parts are included to make the car street legal, including documentation of its BAR certified engine swap. This car has never DNF'd a single NASA event.

In 2009 in USTCC competition this car took 6 2nd places, 3 pole positions, and 2 fastest lap of the race awards.

Laptimes (On Nitto NT01 225/45x17 tires)

Sears Point: 1.50.121
Thunderhill: 2:00.621
Buttonwillow #13 CW: 2:02.0

In the NASA two-hour enduro at Sears Point 10/09 it managed steady 1:53s-1:54s, easily the fastest and most consistent USTCC car.

Chassis:

- purchased new by Andy Chittum from Steven's Creek BMW 7/15/95
- weighs 2630 with ~185lb driver and 1/4 tank of gas
- 8 point BMWCCA Prepared class legal TC Designs cage
- TC Designs 8pt cage featuring door Xs, foot protection, and rear shock tower bracing
- BTM Motorwerks modifications to rear subframe location including
- DTM style height adjustment
- weld-in eccentric camber / caster adjusters
- custom relocated swaybar to clear axles
- Solid Aluminum or Delrin mounts throughout

Engine / Drivetrain:

- M52 with S52 cams, Aluminum block
- GIAC / Dynospot tuning
- AFe Intake
- 25% clutch-type LSD 3.73
- M Coupe Diff Cover
- low mile 3 series Getrag transmission
- e36M3 clutch with 11lb fidanza flywheel
- Jet-hot coated headers
- Straight 3" exhaust (just under 103 db)
- Stockish exhaust with cats (Laguna Seca-compatible) included
- Stock Intake and Headers also included
- VAC Oil Pan Baffle
- Bimmerworld dual fuel pump setup

Suspension:

- Advance Design shocks, completely rebuilt 10/09
- Eibach Springs
- Ground Control hollow front swaybar
- custom rear swaybar

Other:

- three years of tire, setup and temperature data
- CF Hood with Sparco Hoodpins
- APR e36 wing, with custom height-adjustable mounts
- Custom front splitter
- Corbeau driver (FX1) and easily-removable passenger (Forza) seats
- Stock e36 brakes, with solid bushings and custom aluminum brake ducts, functional factory ABS
- (4) 17x8 Team Dynamics wheels with 225/45x17 Nitto NT01 tires
- (4) 16x8 Fikse Wheels also available for additional cost
- (4) 15x7 stock wheels included with 225/50x15 RA1s
- tons of stickers

As great and fun as this car is, there are several easy modifications that would likely dramatically improve its speed further. Please contact Andy Chittum for more information.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3221/...d7efb547c2.jpg (picture by Head On Photos) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/...e18db2156b.jpg (Picture by Head On Photos) Located in Campbell CA at BTM Motorwerks.
Will also be displayed at the USTCC booth at the San Jose International Auto Show Jan 7-10. $18000

MacUser 12-03-2009 01:22 AM

Awesome!

BMW_Hatchback 12-03-2009 02:06 AM

awesome...... street legal no?

projekt EPiK 12-03-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 253023)
1995 BMW 318ti, M52 power

The 2009 USTCC Runner-up #38 Mad Man Motorsports BMW 318ti is available for sale. This is an excellent USTCC car, but would be easily competitive in NASA Performance Touring or GTS Challenge with some optimization for either class. It is fun, challenging, sounds great, and very inexpensive to keep on the track. In addition, parts are included to make the car street legal, including documentation of its BAR certified engine swap.

ahem.. :wink:

tiFreak 12-03-2009 02:46 AM

sick, I wouldn't mind cruising through town in it scaring old ladies and children :twisted:

RAiMA 12-03-2009 03:04 AM

Whoooo, what a sexy beast!

lkwd318ti 12-03-2009 05:17 AM

I remember this car!
Good luck on the sale man...
Amazing that you're the original owner too.

mohaughn 12-03-2009 03:13 PM

Great car, didn;t realize you had a cage from TCDesigns. The cages I've seen coming out of his shop are some of the best I've seen made in the US.

What are you moving on to?

xxxJohnBoyxxx 12-03-2009 04:34 PM

Would love to buy this and turbo it

andy 12-03-2009 05:13 PM

One of the funniest stories I have from owning this car occurred when I was driving down hwy 85 in San Jose on my way back from just (finally) getting the engine swap BAR approved, a process that only took about 8 months.

On my way home I merged between highways at...erm... 'enjoyable' speed, but slowed and eased into traffic once on the main road. Out of nowhere one of California's finest appeared and pulled me over. He took his time getting out of his car, and although my license plate's sticker was a year and a half out of date, I had a complete 3 ring binder full of the engine swap documentation, and a freshly stamped approval sticker permanently attached to the right shock tower. My car was certifiably 100% smog legal at that moment. I was actually eager to show it all to the officer.

He finally got out and walked up to the car, taking his time looking it over - it looked very similar to the way it does in the pictures, completely stripped interior, stickers up the ying yang, 6 pt harnesses, CF hood, ridiculously low, stiff enough to leap over expansion joints in the road, etc. Then he leaned his head in.

"Have you paid your registration?"

"Uh, yeah, I paid it over a year ago. I just..." (I reached for the pile of documentation on the seat)

"Ok. Get out of here. Careful merging back on the highway."

And he walked back to his car. I have to admit that was the first time I'd acutally been eager to go over the car with the CHP, and he didn't even want to. Some nerve. :)

andy 12-03-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 253112)
Great car, didn;t realize you had a cage from TCDesigns. The cages I've seen coming out of his shop are some of the best I've seen made in the US.

What are you moving on to?

Tony's a great guy and is a master of metallurgy.

We're not 100% sure what we're going to do next, but plans are for something newer, perhaps still in production. It depends on if and when and how much I sell the ti for, but likely next year I'll mostly be racing the BTM Motorwerks Spec e30...and building project ti + 1. I'll keep everyone posted.

Lots more pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/madmanmotors