318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Interior and ICE (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fire Extinguisher (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9707)

L84THSKY 03-28-2006 10:10 PM

Fire Extinguisher

Anyone ever put one of these on?
Ron Stygar says he got the part# from John Firestone. I want to put one in; not sure if bracket is still available.

clex2 03-29-2006 03:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one. The thing is it's a European option and shipping pressurized chemicals across borders is not easy. You cannot buy it from a US dealer. You cannot buy it in Europe and ship it here easily. Somehow there are a few within our borders that I cannot explain, but suffice to say check your favorite store (?eBay?) for potential leads. That's where I got mine.

Variance 03-29-2006 03:28 AM

Those pics have me wondering. What's that fourth lever on the front of the seat for?

clex2 03-29-2006 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variance
Those pics have me wondering. What's that fourth lever on the front of the seat for?

That lever is to extend the front part of the seat cushion for people with long legs. I'm not tall, so I keep them fully retracted. It's part of the zillion ways to adjust the "sport" seat.

L84THSKY 03-29-2006 03:33 AM

It allows the whole seat to tilt back. The seat actually sits lower, really cool for the driver. I have this on my Vaders. Sport model seats have it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variance

L84THSKY 03-29-2006 03:33 AM

I just want the bracket; I can get an extinguisher here. Is the bracket available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by clex2
I have one. The thing is it's a European option and shipping pressurized chemicals across borders is not easy. You cannot buy it from a US dealer. You cannot buy it in Europe and ship it here easily. Somehow there are a few within our borders that I cannot explain, but suffice to say check your favorite store (?eBay?) for potential leads. That's where I got mine.

Variance 03-29-2006 03:35 AM

Ah. I wish I had sport seats; too bad they're leather...

clex2 03-29-2006 03:38 AM

I bought the extinguisher and bracket from an ebay vendor. He had the extinguisher and I gave him the part number for the bracket and he got it for me. I think since it's only the bracket, you should be able to get it through BMW or any parts vendor. give greg at SEAM an email. I think his handle is mss318ti. He's the one working on the new supercharger you guys are all excited about.

John Firestone 03-30-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clex2
I have one. The thing is it's a European option and shipping pressurized chemicals across borders is not easy. You cannot buy it from a US dealer. You cannot buy it in Europe and ship it here easily....

I guess, if packing it one to a box and slapping on a UN number is hard (UN 1044 as I recall).

clex2 03-30-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Firestone
I guess, if packing it one to a box and slapping on a UN number is hard (UN 1044 as I recall).

Just quoting several dealers and vendors I called when trying to get this part.

John Firestone 03-30-2006 07:30 AM

Sometimes people will believe the craziest things until they actually try what they are talking about. I'm guilty of that sometimes. Or perhaps they were just fending off your query with an answer you would believe. I was surprised to hear that UPS has no problems shipping unexploded airbags. The consistent answer a friend received is they weren't even hazardous material!

halek 04-01-2006 09:24 PM

hey clex, that 'net' pocket thing on your transmission tunnel - is that a factory BMW part?

clex2 04-01-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halek
hey clex, that 'net' pocket thing on your transmission tunnel - is that a factory BMW part?

Yes, factory BMW Z3 net.

http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/mercha...etyConvenience

halek 04-02-2006 08:06 AM

Thanks, might have to get me one of those :wink:

J!m 04-03-2006 10:48 PM

OFF TOPIC

Clex:

Are those M roadster floor mats you have in there? And, if so, how well do they fit? Are they aftermarket?

I have been looking for a 'plain M' mat, and I have not been able to check the fitment of the roadster mats (which just have the M alone, as yours do).

I think a new set of front mats are needed for the calendar photo shoot...:biggrin: