318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Clean 1998 318ti for sale in Ohio (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22600)

mscuy 06-26-2008 03:27 PM

Clean 1998 318ti for sale in Ohio

1 Attachment(s)
We have my wife's 1998 blue/black 318ti for sale on Autotrader.com in the 44017 zip code area. (near Cleveland, Ohio) We've had it for two years and we LOVE it but we made the mistake of buying a newer 3 series and now the old girl is sitting as second-fiddle in the driveway. We've sunk major money into this thing and it shows by how nice it rides and runs. I've done some of the work (new Bavarian Autosport rotors and brakes on the front) myself but the bigger jobs were done by a certified shop nearby. There is nothing to do but fill up the gas tank and have a blast. Great mileage, fast, no rattles. If my stepson had the money he'd buy it but.......he's LAZY ! Put this one in your driveway. Stock, not messed with--just like it came out of the factory.

Seller's Description and Comments
EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE and FAST for a luxury car ! This is a very solid 318 with no rattles and every single thing works and runs extermely well. Engine is tight, a/c ice cold, clean interior. Non-smoker, 4 almost-new Michelin MXV4 tires, new ECU computer, new fuel pump/filter, new idle control module, new Bavarian Motorsport front rotors and brake pads, fresh oil and filter change, (BMW filter element) new cam position sensor, both oxygen sensors, fuel cap. 8K ago new head, manifold, & valve cover gaskets, valve seals, engine coolant flush and fill, fan switch, coolant sensor, new radiator, sperpentine belt, and thermostat. Comes with (parts) new Bavarian Autosport rear disc rotors and pads and new cabin ventilation filter elements. Great mileage from this 4 cylinder yet you can still pass on the interstate going uphill w/ the a/c running easily. This car is ready to drive for many, many, more miles ! Too many cars in driveway, put this one in YOURS ! Mike in Berea, Ohio (near Cleveland) Weekdays 216-433-3159, weekends 440-826-0269.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=0

SDKmann 06-26-2008 06:22 PM

Oh man thats a gorgeous ti, if it was a sport I would definitely be there to get it.

1996 328ti 06-26-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDKmann (Post 181565)
Oh man thats a gorgeous ti, if it was a sport I would definitely be there to get it.

That's what I was thinking too.

mscuy 06-26-2008 06:37 PM

Thank you guys !

Gosh I'm almost embarassed to ask this but what differentiates a 318 Sport model ? I'm only 2 years into being a total BMW fanatic so excuse me for my lack of knowlege in this area. I know what it means on something like a 325 but not this one.

This one does have some scuffs here and there so it is not as totally pristine as the photos show but overall it is in fantastic shape for the miles and age. I swear my wife has waxed it several times a month (except of course in the winter time) and we removed some rear window stickers that the previous owner had along with some cheesy side body pinstriping.

I drove this one home from New Hampshire (she found it on line and just had to have it....) and I'd never driven a BMW ever so I didn't know what to expect. I called her in NY state on my way home to Ohio and said that this car was FANTASTIC and that now I know why she wanted one. I thought for sure I'd get a speeding ticket the way I was enjoying driving it thru NY and PA.

Mike Cuy in Ohio

SDKmann 06-26-2008 06:42 PM

Sport models have the M kit including bumpers and moldings as well as a stiffer suspension and a sport cloth/leather interior. Dont be embarrassed, many people dont know the difference.

NeoP 06-26-2008 06:55 PM

Wow, nice one there.... why you all about the m-bodykit? look at mine it's stock and looks gorgeous without the bumpers.
I'd take it and give 'er some sport springs; full leather interiour, wow, such a great car.... who's gonna?

SDKmann 06-26-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoP (Post 181580)
Wow, nice one there.... why you all about the m-bodykit? look at mine it's stock and looks gorgeous without the bumpers.
I'd take it and give 'er some sport springs; full leather interiour, wow, such a great car.... who's gonna?

Its more than the M kit, for me its mostly the interior that I want plus I prefer the M moldings which unless you buy em new its something you'll rarely find. Its still a clean car, definitely a good car for whoever gets it.

roadrash 06-26-2008 07:20 PM

Hmmm... I expect to be in Cleveland near the end of July. Luckily, I don't need another car, but... would you trade the car for some concert tickets and backstage passes? :wink: heh heh

Seriously though... good luck with the sale! Be sure to point the next owner towards this site.

1996 328ti 06-26-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash (Post 181590)
Hmmm... I expect to be in Cleveland near the end of July. Luckily, I don't need another car, but... would you trade the car for some concert tickets and backstage passes? :wink: heh heh

You know what they say, no ***, no pass.

roadrash 06-26-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1996 328ti (Post 181591)
You know what they say, no ***, no pass.

heh heh... yeah, in this case "No car, no pass." ;-)

I don't want to clutter up someone's FS thread, so I'll shaddap about it, but hey, mscuy, send me a PM if you'd be interested in a "car for tix/passes" sort of trade. :biggrin:

tiFreak 06-26-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuy (Post 181530)
EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE and FAST for a luxury car !

FWIW, the 3-series is classified as a sports car, not a luxury car ;) and as far as the sport package goes, it also came with the 16" rims that you have on your car, so I think the PO must have swapped them with 15"s that the car came with, good luck with the sale, that car is clean as hell for almost 150k

1996 328ti 06-26-2008 10:15 PM

Doesn't anyone read the notice at the top?

tiFreak 06-26-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1996 328ti (Post 181650)
Doesn't anyone read the notice at the top?

what notice?

roadrash 06-26-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiFreak (Post 181651)
what notice?

This one:
Quote:

Notices
OK
OK to post requesting more information of the sale.

Not OK.
Discussing price.
Either keep negative comments to yourself or use email or PM. Prices vary widely across the country.

tiFreak 06-26-2008 10:23 PM

oh, I don't see it :confused: