318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2009 F1 Season... (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26123)

marko 03-25-2009 06:15 PM

2009 F1 Season...

...starts in less than 2 days!! :dance:

(borrowed)

The Inside Grand Prix Aus preview program airs at 1 am on Friday morning, followed by practice at 1:30 am.

The preview show re-airs Saturday morning at 1:30 am, followed by qualifying at 2 am.

A different preview show airs Sunday morning at 1 am, followed by the Grand Prix at 1:30 am.

If you can't stay awake long enough, the re-air of the preview show and Grand Prix begins at 4 pm on Sunday.

All on SPEED, all times Eastern.

mohaughn 03-26-2009 12:09 AM

The season hasn't even started yet and we already have tons of drama. Should make for an interesting first race, find out who was bluffing, and who wasn't.

spidertri 03-26-2009 12:24 AM

Well, I'll try my best to catch it Sunday morning but that might not happen. It will definitely be an interesting season.

I am just so excited that all the good race series are starting up again, ALMS last weekend and F1 this one, awesome.:cool:

adamud 03-26-2009 01:11 AM

I already got Tivo ready to record every minute.
This should be an interesting first race. See if the KERS system is going to be a big advantage or not.

Go Sauber F1.09

spidertri 03-26-2009 02:32 AM

Ah yes, KERS, more mechanical grip, less aero, hopefully some good racing.

marko 03-26-2009 12:42 PM

yep - will be interesting how KERS play out.

and here it is - first contraversy! LOL love the F1 soap opera.. LOL
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...omes-official/

so much for Ross Brawn - though I hope he does well!

Forza Ferrari! - Go Kimmi Go! :biggrin: (or should I say wake up) :tongue:

FU Hamilton! & drive head first into a wall, you arrogant POS! :fingers:

leighsean95ti 03-26-2009 04:52 PM

sweet! love F1!! its the best part of spring!

yoda 03-26-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko (Post 222203)
FU Hamilton! & drive head first into a wall, you arrogant POS! :fingers:

LMFAO!!!.......:evil_lau: I feel the same way about the HAM!...

mohaughn 03-26-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidertri (Post 222056)
Well, I'll try my best to catch it Sunday morning but that might not happen. It will definitely be an interesting season.

I am just so excited that all the good race series are starting up again, ALMS last weekend and F1 this one, awesome.:cool:

Yeah, I definitely love the start of racing season... I spent all last week camped out at Sebring watching all of practice, qual, and racing for all of the different support events going on with the 12 hour. The Speed WC touring was a great race, and the GT race was even better.

I dvr all of the F1 races and watch them when I wake up.

marko 03-27-2009 12:51 PM

wow...

Ferrari 10th & 11th

McLaren 17th & 18th

Williams, Brawn & Toyota 1-2-3??? wtf?? LOL

mohaughn 03-27-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko (Post 222367)
wow...

Ferrari 10th & 11th

McLaren 17th & 18th

Williams, Brawn & Toyota 1-2-3??? wtf?? LOL

Williams is a great chassis builder. There is a reason that BMW originally partnered with them.. Basically the other teams are now going to copy the diffusers that williams, brawn and toyota are using as the diffuser was deemed legal. By the time the series gets back to Europe, Ferrari and McLaren will have made up that time... I would not be surprised if some of the teams already have the controversial diffuser design worked out, and will be trying to change it before the next race.

The only thing the top teams have going for them is the driver talent. With the rule changes this year, we have a clean slate, and I hope it makes for some damn good racing.

marko 03-27-2009 03:20 PM

I absolutelly agree with everything you said...

weird though that the diffusers have been deemed legal - when they obviously give a good amount of advantage.

also, I'm so excited that Ross Brawn is doing so well - I think he is a genious! & he just landed a Virgin deal (this morning) - & he'll be probably racing with Virgin livery on Sunday!

cant wait to see alonso tangle with that little prick hamilton this weekend - somewhere midfield, in turn 1 of lap 1! LOL :2gun:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 222374)
Williams is a great chassis builder. There is a reason that BMW originally partnered with them.. Basically the other teams are now going to copy the diffusers that williams, brawn and toyota are using as the diffuser was deemed legal. By the time the series gets back to Europe, Ferrari and McLaren will have made up that time... I would not be surprised if some of the teams already have the controversial diffuser design worked out, and will be trying to change it before the next race.

The only thing the top teams have going for them is the driver talent. With the rule changes this year, we have a clean slate, and I hope it makes for some damn good racing.

mohaughn 03-27-2009 03:32 PM

I like Hamilton. I do think he puts on a show for the press, but hey, he has to sell himself, he is a business after all. He is a young driver and has made some major mistakes in races, but I think in the long run he will make for some fantastic races in the future.

I'm also very happy to see the little independent guy doing so well. If a non-manufacturer does well it just means that more independent teams will try to break into the sport, and we really need more teams in the sport.

Even though the diffuser gives them an advantage it is within the rules. There is no rule against creativity. Basically the three teams that are running it are saying, "hey, we got creative, and you didn't think of it." And the other teams are whining because they are slow and didn't think of it. I was surprised when I heard they were deemed legal, I thought they were going to have them remove it. But maybe they are wanting to try and give the smaller teams a bit of help. Certainly better than Big red always getting the help.

marko 03-27-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 222386)
Certainly better than Big red always getting the help.

hahaha.. well, no wonder FIA stands for Ferrari International Aid, I think I heard somewhere... LOL

yoda 03-28-2009 05:41 PM

OK....
Brawn 1,2...... with Red Bull 3.... Ferrari 7, 9.... LMAO!....Mercedes at the back!....
I bet you anything that diffuser will be interpreted and copied by the big ones by the next race, they can't afford to be out classed by a BRAND NEW TEAM like that!... BTW it is ROSS BRAWN and of course we all know the history of how he has pushed the interpretations of the rules through the years... Just remember the grand combo....Ferrari, Brawn, Michael!.... Their dominance is what has placed F1 it the position they're in today with all these NASCAR like rules and regulations, instead of the REAL F1 where all the manufacturers brought innovation to the forefront and were always pushing the limits of technology to make a faster better handling car than their competitors!... Those were the Good Ol' days....lol
Should be an interesting race... I'm thinking that Hamilton will crash trying to pull his usual overly aggressive maneuvers trying to pass people!

BTW
The downforce generated by that diffuser is noticeable as you see how steady those Brawn cars were going through the corners, against how jerky the Ferraris and others looked...:biggrin: