318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   SoCal Meet - March 2008 (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20975)

Marv17 02-26-2008 07:02 AM

SoCal Meet - March 2008

Alright SoCal guys. Guess the time is coming up again. I didnt see Hugo, our "socal director" start a thread so i just thought to start it myself for us. (lol)
So what you guys wanna do? I'm running out of ideas of what we should do. It should also be warmer in about two weeks or so. So umm.... anyone with ideas??

HuGo 02-26-2008 08:20 AM

Don't forget it will be on March 8th.

Well you wanted to go to Angeles Crest. We can do that if you want? Also have some lunch? We haven't done a drive in a LONG time.

Marv17 02-26-2008 10:09 AM

is it on march 8th? guess so. a drive up there? is there like a spot to stop and grill something out there?
well i was thinking of something like that. but i just dont want to burn a lot of gas in just a day, if you know what i mean.
however, lets see what the others want to do or have to say.
jesse?
bobbak?
lazoh?
da govna? (the governor)
m3killer? (if you're able to move. hugo could be your driver)
anyway else who liked to attend...

Bobbak 02-26-2008 10:15 AM

tech meet?

i still gotta do those LED trunk light mods for u guys and im sure we all need to do stuff like oil changes and stuff

Marv17 02-26-2008 06:40 PM

i was about to ask you regarding those trunk lights. btw bobby, i still need a switch lol. i might stop by the junkyard in ontario or baldwin park this weekend. hopefully they'll have one. im not due for an oil change just yet.
but soon. hey harold, think i can barrow that oil pump for when i need it? porfavor.

oh, and i was gonna ask you guys if i can see your center console for the cupholders. i want to see if i'd fit in my new one and if it does im gonna have to buy one from the dealer.

HuGo 02-27-2008 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 157320)
is it on march 8th? guess so. a drive up there? is there like a spot to stop and grill something out there?
well i was thinking of something like that. but i just dont want to burn a lot of gas in just a day, if you know what i mean.
however, lets see what the others want to do or have to say.
jesse?
bobbak?
lazoh?
da govna? (the governor)
m3killer? (if you're able to move. hugo could be your driver)
anyway else who liked to attend...

Im sure you can spend the gas since the last 3 meets have been on your side.

cooljess76 02-27-2008 05:01 AM

I'm down

the governor 02-27-2008 06:13 AM

I have to work all day 11am-9pm if its a tech meet and its still going on after 9 I'll stop by.
:(

ashylarry 02-27-2008 10:08 AM

im down for a tech meet. I didn't get anything done at the last meet...

HuGo 02-27-2008 10:13 AM

Lets do a drive for a change.

Bobbak 02-27-2008 10:47 AM

what about tech meet then food then drive?

cooljess76 02-27-2008 06:06 PM

Heck, you guys wanna go for a drive? Lets show up to the MHTi meet! Leave Friday night, back Monday morning:eek:

Marv17 02-27-2008 06:46 PM

why dont we go to jesse's place? drive up PCH and hang out there? cuz then we'll do the drive like some want, and work on anything that we need to work on. plus its nice in ventura.

???

HuGo 02-27-2008 10:05 PM

All i know is i want to do a drive this time.

lazoh 02-28-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 157585)
why dont we go to jesse's place? drive up PCH and hang out there? cuz then we'll do the drive like some want, and work on anything that we need to work on. plus its nice in ventura.

???

Sounds good to me but we need more than 3 people going. I think I'm good but I do have a trip to Mexico that is suppose to end Friday. Are we settled to drive up to Jesse's (if Jesse is ok with it), have a tech meet and eat??

Marv17 02-28-2008 05:08 AM

yeah. i mean im up for that. cuz last time we were over in that area it wasnt for long. we can take up PCH. or take the freeway all the way there again. or can meet up on pch as me and bobby take it all the way up from the OC. :biggrin: or how do you guys wanna meet up? cuz its me and bobby that have the longest drive.

cooljess76 02-28-2008 05:39 AM

Well so far you guys have seen the harbor, the beach, the pier, downtown, Marina Park, and my house. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about WeinerSchnitzel. If you guys are up for it, there's some mountains about 20 minutes away in Ojai. The roads are pretty twisty and the scenery is nice. If you guys want to check it out, look up HWY 33 in Ojai and LMK what you think.

ashylarry 02-28-2008 06:06 AM

i need enough time to do all of my stuff. I have too many things to attend to on my car to be left unattended. I need to change my rear shock mounts that have been sitting in my trunk waiting to be installed, check out my tie rods/bearings, fix my side skirts, fix my door panels/windows and other little things... I don't want to be rushed like last time and leave things half-assed and then getting stuck at Harold's house frantically trying to get things done like getting my brake lights fixed in the dark...that wasn't too fun

ashylarry 02-28-2008 06:09 AM

You guys can have your drive and have the meet however you want, but if it's not going to be a tech meet (get things done/sharing knowlegde) I'm going have to skip it and get my car ready for the April meet. I just got my career started working for the government and im on the grind monday through friday 8-5 so the only chance I get to get my car maintained is the weekend.

HuGo 02-28-2008 07:15 AM

So why dont we do everything early morning, so that by the afternoon we finished our drive and you guys can start working on your cars? And yes ashylarry, come with us for the drive.

Marv, contact jeff. Ill try to see if i can call angelo, mothman, and pretty much our old ppl cuz i havent seen those guys in forever! You know what, ill just send the 30pms i used to send every month.

Marv17 02-28-2008 07:43 AM

well jeff hasnt answered me since like december or janurary. i think he's too busy still with school. he should be graduating this semester so i bet he has tons of things to get finished for that. but yeah, hit up the others. i still havent meet the rest of the ppl yet.

hey "B", if you come i'll definitely help out any way i can. but those side skirts are gonna be a bitch to fix. ill look up on the rear shock mounts. cuz i might do them soon too.

HuGo 02-28-2008 07:51 AM

Ashylarry, you gotta be part of the team and come on the drive with us too.

lazoh 02-29-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashylarry (Post 157715)
getting stuck at Harold's house frantically trying to get things done like getting my brake lights fixed in the dark...that wasn't too fun

BTW did you get a new switch?

ashylarry 02-29-2008 04:17 AM

yeah i got a new switch, but it didn't fix it. there was a short that I found within the car's wiring. problem solved, but shortly after I fixed that, my passenger side window fell off track for the first time...

And i'll go for the drive, but i need to get these things done.

lazoh 02-29-2008 04:27 AM

Settled then!!! Need to leave early to Jessy's house get ashylarry's things fixed and then take a nice drive! Jessy, you think you can help B get these things done? Of course the rest of us will also help.

HuGo,
Need my scan tool to start doing diagnostics on the Hellroot ti, I would prefer to get it by this weekend since I will start doing thigs to it. let me know if we can hook up tomorrow (friday)??

HuGo 02-29-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazoh (Post 157931)
HuGo,
Need my scan tool to start doing diagnostics on the Hellroot ti

Wtf? What scan tool?

Marv17 02-29-2008 07:51 AM

hey harold, i need that oil reset light tool as well. if that's cool with you.
Bobby, how about them trunk light mods? how they coming along?

Bobbak 02-29-2008 09:58 AM

update

got the bumper painted but im looking for hella lights that i can put in the fogs and then hook up some hids i want then to be super bright and then i gotta fix my tail lights, i got a fix it ticket

HuGo 02-29-2008 04:13 PM

Pics?

Marv17 02-29-2008 07:47 PM

bobby. i dont think you should put HIDs. those BIG lights will probably be bright enough. besides that might get you another fix it ticket. but you can do whatever you wanna do, either way i think it'll look COOL. cant wait to see it.

edit: (added) hey jesse, im gonna take a bottle of the sea foam stuff. so hopefully i can finally do it since i always forget about it.

HuGo 03-01-2008 05:10 AM

So whos taking the rear bumper?

Marv17 03-01-2008 05:30 AM

well the rear bumper is at my house. still thinking about it. i like it. however dunno know how to mount it, plus i want to see how it looks on my car first before i commit to it. plus im still thinking of how im gonna get it painted if i keep it.
why do you ask?
do you want it now?

HuGo 03-01-2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 158112)
do you want it now?

F*ck no dude!

----

So you actually have it? When did you pick it up, lol. What, i can't ask questions now or what?

Marv17 03-01-2008 06:24 AM

LOL. im messing with ya man...
yeah i have it. its in my yard. harold knew i was gonna pick it up. its made of fiberglass and i have no freaking clue how it mounts. lol.
no you cant ask questions. you're very suspicious. ha. jk.

HuGo 03-01-2008 08:24 AM

So where we going to meet? Ihop?

Marv17 03-01-2008 10:22 AM

we're gonna meet at ihop? i thought we were gonna take pch all the way up there? (well thats the impression i got) or was the idea doing the drive after the technical part??

cooljess76 03-01-2008 01:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to pass on a tech meet at my place due to limited space and time. You gotta remember that if we're gonna go for a drive, have lunch, etc. the tech meet will take up too much time. We usually end up working until we run out of light. Sometimes it's nice to just drive these f*ckin things.

We could do small stuff like Marv's seafoam or a window regulator anywhere. Heck, we chipped Garik's car at In&Out. But let's spend this Saturday doing something fun. I was thinking that we meet up at Marina Park again or somewhere else, throw some stuff on the grill and do a couple small projects in the parking lot. Then later head up to either Ojai or Malibu for some cool photos.

Anyway, LMK what you guys think. If you want to do a tech meet, I'll be more than happy to come down to LA or OC and help out.

HuGo 03-01-2008 04:27 PM

Well i meant to meet up with me. Since im probably the last guy to meet up with. What i meant was meet somewhere, then go to PCH towards ventura, and same thing back. So ihop is right on the 5 freeway (which you will need to take towards my house anyway marv), then hop on the 110N, to the 10, to PCH.

Jesse, i think the only person that needs to do anything right now is B. So 1 car isnt a lot of space, lol. But i agree, we've had so many tech meets that i just want to kill the day having fun or doing drives.

Marv17 03-01-2008 06:55 PM

....im up for whatever. im not picky. but yeah, i just wanna sea foam my car. its easy and fast i assume.
alright, we can do that hugo. meet you up at ihop and find pch in santa monica and go up from there. its nice there too.

youngnikolai 03-03-2008 12:29 AM

Hey Guys,

I should be in. I still need to change by rear shock mounts too so a tech meet is great, but I'm up for anything. Ventura area is great by me since I was thinking about heading up north directly from the meet. Ojai is cool and there's a pizzeria there surrounded by orange groves... pretty idyllic.