318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   epiphany swap (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33893)

Crashaddict 10-13-2014 04:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Car has been sitting in the same spot for 2 weeks with no progress. I'm getting pissed....they didn't even start it in that period. I found that one out on Thursday and proceeded to let it run and idle for 30 minutes. I'm considering pulling my Car if something doesn't happen soon

Random_task 10-13-2014 04:52 AM

Mine too! I ordered condor e30 subframe bushings thinking they would work. No dice. They've been at the machinist's.

Yours is going to look sick when they get around to paint.

As for the nexus, gapps are all glitch. I think it's because I'm on 4.4.4

Crashaddict 10-13-2014 05:13 AM

Damn, that sucks, did you try to run a recovery and reinstall gapps?

Random_task 10-13-2014 05:14 AM

Yeah, couple different zips/versions

Crashaddict 10-13-2014 05:19 AM

Hmm, May want to revisit the xda forums with that issue, maybe ask around for a solution. I'm pretty sure my nexus is running jelly bean with gapps just fine

anassa 10-13-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashaddict (Post 367084)
Car has been sitting in the same spot for 2 weeks with no progress. I'm getting pissed....they didn't even start it in that period. I found that one out on Thursday and proceeded to let it run and idle for 30 minutes. I'm considering pulling my Car if something doesn't happen soon

Seems almost like a trend with your car lol, get on their backs! Your paying them to do professional work so its pretty basic for them to do what you agreed to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_task (Post 367085)
Mine too! I ordered condor e30 subframe bushings thinking they would work. No dice. They've been at the machinist's.

Yours is going to look sick when they get around to paint.

As for the nexus, gapps are all glitch. I think it's because I'm on 4.4.4

Wait? really? whats the difference? I have Ireland Engineering subframe bushings, they have the same for e30/318ti/z3 and mine swapped on fine for my ti.

Crashaddict 10-14-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anassa (Post 367103)
Seems almost like a trend with your car lol, get on their backs! Your paying them to do professional work so its pretty basic for them to do what you agreed to.

Wait? really? whats the difference? I have Ireland Engineering subframe bushings, they have the same for e30/318ti/z3 and mine swapped on fine for my ti.

I agree with you on that one. I was fairly subdued on Thursday but made it clear something needed to happen. If nothing has happened since Thursday, I'm gonna go ballistic. I'm going in tomorrow, so I'll post an update

Crashaddict 10-14-2014 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hallelujah! Some progress! They got it into primer yesterday. Hopefully they will get color on it this weekend.

Crashaddict 10-21-2014 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pssst.......LSB

anassa 11-26-2014 08:20 AM

Bump for updates!! Looks like paint should be done and rolling down the street.

Lets see it! :biggrin:

Crashaddict 11-26-2014 08:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just waiting for some parts for final assembly. looks like this now

Crashaddict 11-26-2014 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also, I got sick of my daily so I traded it in and got this beauty. I think it will look very cool next to the blue car :)

anassa 11-26-2014 08:39 AM

Wow.

So much jealousy+hate streaming in your direction right now. In a good way lol. :biggrin: Those two cars next to each other will look awesome!

the eurotary looks better! Some opinions though - hows the rear going to work tire/wheel wise? The fenders look good but maybe too far out? Are you going with different wheels or spacers? Also as for the CF hood, that blue just looks so clean that having a CF hood like that seems to take away from the car when the paint is sooooo clean. Paint the CF hood the same color or keep the stock painted hood, it sounds bad... but it almost makes the car look cheaper because of the contrast of the CF hood and the beautiful paint. Even though the twin radiator fans will be covered up by the bumper, they do look cool lol.

Do you have a estimated date set for when you would like to have it done and on the road?? (maybe just for yourself, or as a way to set a goal/time so it doesn't keep dragging on - drive that thing!)

Crashaddict 11-26-2014 08:50 AM

Well unfortunately on the paint, my paint shop outright refused to paint the carbon fiber after agreeing to two tone it a while ago, so if I want to get it painted it won't be here, also the Stock hood is ruined, it came up on me which put a big crease in it. The flares are a bit too wide, but some spacers will help with that. I think the fans look cool too, they are ancillary and only come on when the AC compressor switches on. The nose panel obscures them a bit when assembled but you can still see em to a certain degree

Crashaddict 11-26-2014 08:57 AM

Also, I stopped setting dates a very long time ago, however, if it isn't on the road by Christmas, I will be very disappointed